Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,692 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] SafeStrap Recovery for AT&T Galaxy Note 8 (SGH-i467)??

Tip us?

dandroid7
Old
(Last edited by dandroid7; 11th December 2013 at 05:41 PM.) Reason: typo
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Request] SafeStrap Recovery for AT&T Galaxy Note 8 (SGH-i467)??

I know that Hashcode developed the Safestrap recovery for the AT&T Galaxy S4 and AT&T Galaxy Note 3... both devices have AT&T locked bootloaders like the AT&T SGH-i467 Note 8. I have the AT&T S4 and the AT&T Note 8...

Is it possible to modify Safestrap from either of those devices to work on the AT&T Note 8? Or would we need a completely new build of Safestrap to make it work?

The Note 8 can be rooted, mine is... we just need a way to flash roms now...

Anyone know if Safestrap is possible for our device?

Anyone have any connections to make it happen?

Anyone interested in having this happen? If so, post some commemts so we can see what interest level their is and maybe get some needed attention for our device...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337) Rooted and Rom'd

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (SGH-i467) Rooted, hoping to Rom... need a custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to dandroid7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twoboxingfiend
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I am very happy that we finally can flash roms on my Note 3. It would be awesome to do the same on my Note 8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twoboxingfiend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dandroid7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I sent hashcode some info a few days ago for our note 8... I know he is a busy guy... When he has time, hopefully he can take a peek at what I sent him and see if it is even possible to get safestrap working on our device.

Keep your fingers crossed.

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337) Rooted and Rom'd

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (SGH-i467) Rooted, hoping to Rom... need a custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to dandroid7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

X Wallace
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
+1 safestrap for SGH- i467

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid7 View Post
I sent hashcode some info a few days ago for our note 8... I know he is a busy guy... When he has time, hopefully he can take a peek at what I sent him and see if it is even possible to get safestrap working on our device.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I posted what I believe to be the fix, but nobody is willing to give it a try. You may just copy your original Build.prop over to the Safestraped firmware. As the issue mimics what a modder had found with changing hardware rotation and DPI.

godzulu
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude View Post
I posted what I believe to be the fix, but nobody is willing to give it a try. You may just copy your original Build.prop over to the Safestraped firmware. As the issue mimics what a modder had found with changing hardware rotation and DPI.
Any updates on this?
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
ROM: MDOB Deodexed
Kernel: stock
Modem: stock