Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

THL W100 Custom Rom Development

Tip us?

WeekendWarrior
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Lightbulb THL W100 Custom Rom Development

There has been a lot of unpleasantness within the small community of THL W100 owners in the past couple of days which have ended with the closing of a few threads, which I find quite disappointing, as there was a lot of good information in them, and some useful links, most importantly for me, a link to a download of the THL W100 stock rom, which I have only just realised I do not possess any more. If anyone has this on their computer, please, please upload it so we all can benefit.

I'm planning on starting a custom rom for the THL w100, but I can't start it without the stock rom. I have access to the ThL.W100.130701.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P32_MT6589 ROM, but I am looking for the first hardware revision's stock ROM.

Things I am planning on doing to the rom include
  • Stock AOSP Lockscreen
  • Screenshot in power menu
  • Dictionary fix
  • Optional resizing of "internal SD card" into phone storage
  • Hopefully a camera fix for the newer hardware
  • Easy GPS.conf
  • Some minor speed tweaking
  • Integration with the amazing GravityBox
  • No Bloat!

That was the majority of my ideas I believe, I wrote them previously in a thread which ended up being deleted unfortunately.

Please note that I do not care about donations, and I am most certainly NOT trying to rip off or steal from any other THL W100 custom ROM developers.
Hopefully the THL W100 users can find this thread and assist on my search, and together we can build a great custom ROM for the THL W100, a very deserving phone!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WeekendWarrior For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lmemperador
Old
(Last edited by lmemperador; 26th July 2013 at 07:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
awesome, what has happened? admins delete all the thread? omg and all our post and aditional info too?
what happened to roeddie, phenomenal xp?, i came too late maybe
omg, thx for trying to help us WeekendWarrior
hope to help you if i can

well .... here it is first firmware i thought --> W100_130504_ForFlashtoolFromReadBack_130605-170952.rar (323.9 MB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!SEYFlbxT!LYK3Rw...BrZDm_MDqdLvBU

the source, a spanish forum

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/foro/t...-para-thl-w100

edit :i think it is not the original firmware coz it has cwm recovery and root already (not sure), so maybe this is not what you are looking for, i will try to find first original firmware, sorry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lmemperador For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dalambert
Old
(Last edited by Dalambert; 26th July 2013 at 08:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Hi Weekendwarrior look here:

**needrom.com/mobile/thl-w100 (you have to register) --> stock firmware 05/04/13, 05/16/13 and 07/01/13

(I can't put links, I'm noob. change **)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalambert For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jooosty
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Just got my W100. Looking forward to optimizing this bad boy.

Sent from my W100 using xda app-developers app
HTC ULTIMEIGHT!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jooosty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WeekendWarrior
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Thanks guys, I'm downloading the 130516T1. from needrom now, I should hopefully get started on it tomorrow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WeekendWarrior For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KuliG
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Any known ways to root THL with new software 130701?
The Following User Says Thank You to KuliG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dalambert
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Anyone know from which camera firmware change? I think it is from 07/01/13 and there is a previous firmware ThL.W100.130627.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P32_MT6589 that works for the first W100 THL.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuliG View Post
one guy called Teddyking say this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...325150&page=36 DELETED POST)

"Successfully root w100 with 130701 firmware
RO.EDi Fusion 1.0 + camera patch is NOT work for me.
Rear cam is still missing.

Anyway, some Thai guy can successfully root w100 with 130701 firmware.
Here is how i did. (tested, work !)

- Back up and make sure that you can accept the risk of brick you phone. This is from trials and errors, guru please suggest if there is anything wrong with this method.

- Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip from http://download.chainfire.eu/339/Sup...erSU-v1.41.zip
copy to the root of your microSD. (without zip extraction)

- Install official firmware 130701 from needrom

- Install CWM recovery, i used previous version of RO.EDi, v6.0.3.2, installed with SP Tool.
*** I used scatter-loading file that come with 130701
*** I choose only "recovery checkbox" and browse to "recovery.img" from RO.EDi W100 CWM v6.0.3.2

- Turn the phone off and enter CWM

- install zip from sd card -> choose zip from sdcard -> UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip

- Reboot and enjoy rooted W100"

Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish
The Following User Says Thank You to Dalambert For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azarzar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuliG View Post
get this :
UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip
from here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

just install it with CWM and you're rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to azarzar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dalambert
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Here more information for the THL W100:

***.androidiani.com/forum/thl-modding/310381-modding-thl-w100.html (Italian forum)
The Following User Says Thank You to Dalambert For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intrax
Old
Thanks Meter 10
What a shame mods deleted the ro.edi thread cause it had a lot of valuable information for thl w100 users.
Was it not possible to just delete offending posts mods ?

@WeekendWarrior
link to 130529 firmware you are looking for:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...707-180845.zip

hope your rom will be succes !

The Following User Says Thank You to intrax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]