Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Info 2 Android 4.2, Move apps to SD card

OP Algina

31st May 2013, 07:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Hi All,

I have a HTC desire w/ Android 4.2. One of the BIG problems with this phone is that the ROM only has 512MB and most of the space is token by the OS and other services.
Also many Apps are installed on the ROM and user cannot move them to the SD card.

Recently I was able to move most of my apps from the phone into the SD card (You just need to download the SDK and execute 2 simple steps having the Phone connected to the PC), Let me know if you need deeper details to do so.

Anyway, this is better but not the best solution since other Apps (native Apps) cannot be moved, and looks like that the other Apps that now I can move to the SD card are not completely moved to the DS card ( some data is kept on the ROM)

Does anyone know how to move the Apps totally into the SD card without rooting the phone?

rooting looks like is very hard, I couldn't find the programs that people use to mention to perform the root!

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Algina For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2013, 07:36 PM   |  #2  
eddiehk6's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
s-off and rooting is the only guaranteed way to get around memory limits.

it's not that hard, just need to slow down and read a lot. there are guides for everything.

i recommend to start here
31st May 2013, 07:40 PM   |  #3  
abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,142
 
3,812 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
And after you s-off with the help of the guide eddiehk mentioned above, follow this guide :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post37383522
2nd November 2013, 11:01 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
I can't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algina

Hi All,

I have a HTC desire w/ Android 4.2. One of the BIG problems with this phone is that the ROM only has 512MB and most of the space is token by the OS and other services.
Also many Apps are installed on the ROM and user cannot move them to the SD card.

Recently I was able to move most of my apps from the phone into the SD card (You just need to download the SDK and execute 2 simple steps having the Phone connected to the PC), Let me know if you need deeper details to do so.

Anyway, this is better but not the best solution since other Apps (native Apps) cannot be moved, and looks like that the other Apps that now I can move to the SD card are not completely moved to the DS card ( some data is kept on the ROM)

Does anyone know how to move the Apps totally into the SD card without rooting the phone?

rooting looks like is very hard, I couldn't find the programs that people use to mention to perform the root!

Thanks!

Hi. I tried doing the thing with the sdk tool but I couldn't do it, I think I'll need deeper details.

Thank you very much.
15th August 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Htc 310, apps to sd
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin_Oozaru

Hi. I tried doing the thing with the sdk tool but I couldn't do it, I think I'll need deeper details.

Thank you very much.



Hi,

i am new to Android and HTC.
could someone please provide step-by-step instructions (as simple as possible) to transfer existed apps to SD and install new apps directly to SD?


thanks a lot in advance
15th August 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #6  
lilsafbig's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag bradford
Thanks Meter: 82
 
897 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itay_HTC

Hi,

i am new to Android and HTC.
could someone please provide step-by-step instructions (as simple as possible) to transfer existed apps to SD and install new apps directly to SD?


thanks a lot in advance

There's no point moving apps to SD because it will fill up anyway.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
17th October 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Best way to gain more space will be use some ROM without any script.
Create ext partition on SD card and then use CronMod INIT2EXT script.
This way you can have even 1GB of internal storage. Nice and clean.

All you have to remember to obtain SD card with good class, best will be 10.
17th October 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #8  
lilsafbig's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag bradford
Thanks Meter: 82
 
897 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl0ndynek

Best way to gain more space will be use some ROM without any script.
Create ext partition on SD card and then use CronMod INIT2EXT script.
This way you can have even 1GB of internal storage. Nice and clean.

All you have to remember to obtain SD card with good class, best will be 10.

But a rom will have a script already no need to change scripts.

Sent from my HTC Desire XS using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes