Stock rooted 4.3 to 4.4.2 Sprint S3

Search This thread

polska2180o

Nov 28, 2011
Hi is there a process or a thread somebody can help me with so that I can upgrade the phone w/o losing root or app data.

JoHnNYBlaZE716

Dec 31, 2013
Buffalo
There's 2 processes to upgrading to 4.4.2 just search the android development thread.

IMG_20140615_114712_zpsf390205f.jpg

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reactions: JoHnNYBlaZE716

g_money

Mar 27, 2013
Hi is there a process or a thread somebody can help me with so that I can upgrade the phone w/o losing root or app data.

Not to go off on a rant (and I don't want to sound mean in any way ) but what is so freaking important on people's phones, yet hasn't been saved to an SD card or pc or cloud storage? I've just been seeing a lot of posts lately about upgrading without losing data.
And no offense to to you Polska, but if that upgrade don't work out so well then you may have just lost everything anyway. And if you have backed up then I apologize. And if there's a valid reason that you can't lose root or backup data before upgrading then I apologize again. Just please remember there's a big difference between "easy" and "safe"....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

polska2180o

Nov 28, 2011
Not to go off on a rant (and I don't want to sound mean in any way ) but what is so freaking important on people's phones, yet hasn't been saved to an SD card or pc or cloud storage? I've just been seeing a lot of posts lately about upgrading without losing data.
And no offense to to you Polska, but if that upgrade don't work out so well then you may have just lost everything anyway. And if you have backed up then I apologize. And if there's a valid reason that you can't lose root or backup data before upgrading then I apologize again. Just please remember there's a big difference between "easy" and "safe"....

Its all backed up its just a pain to do, restore everything set it up the way you want it, disable all the samsung crap all over again etc. Its a process thats all.

g_money

Mar 27, 2013
Its all backed up its just a pain to do, restore everything set it up the way you want it, disable all the samsung crap all over again etc. Its a process thats all.

Lol. I know what you mean. But my belief (IMHO) is that my flashes go so smooth and my phone runs so well because I always do full wipes when flashing. I compare it to doing a format and fresh install of Windows on my pc. The extra time in backing up and slowly re~adding what I need back means (to me) that I always have the least amount of "crud" as possible on my phone...

Reactions: JoHnNYBlaZE716

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's 2 processes to upgrading to 4.4.2 just search the android development thread.

IMG_20140615_114712_zpsf390205f.jpg
    The short answer is no. It will wipe everything except your external SD and you'll be temporarily unrooted but it's easy to root again.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
    senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Lol. I know what you mean. But my belief (IMHO) is that my flashes go so smooth and my phone runs so well because I always do full wipes when flashing. I compare it to doing a format and fresh install of Windows on my pc. The extra time in backing up and slowly re~adding what I need back means (to me) that I always have the least amount of "crud" as possible on my phone...