Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 38,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To: Revert to Windows Mobile 2003

Tip us?

Leiden
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How To: Revert to Windows Mobile 2003

Whats needed:

TyphoonNBFTools: http://w1.whatcounter.com/dlcount.ph...PVServices.zip
Any Official Rom (I used I-Mate SP3 WWE).
A Typhoon running Windows Mobile 5.0.

Reverting Back:

Run TyphoonNBFTools and Open the SPL1010064.nbf. Right click on SPL in the bottom part of the screen and choose Emergency Flash. If this is the first time you have used the program you will get a prompt on your phone to run the runtimes. Choose yes. Click OK to flash the new bootloader to your phone. Next disable Activesync by turning off USB connections. Turn off your phone. While holding down the Camera button insert the USB cable, the phone should run the bootloader and you will be presented with the tri-color screen. It should say USB in the bottom corner. Now run Mtty and choose USB connection. Hit enter in the blank white space. You should now see Cmd>. Type "info 2" without the quotes. You should see some information about your phone. Next type "format BINFS" agains without the quotes. This one is case sensitive. You should see format complete or something along those lines. Now close Mtty and re-enable USB connections. Run the exe from the update you downloaded and follow the instructions. Your phone should now boot back up to WM2003.

For those stuck in bootloader mode you will need to run mtty and reflash the wm5.bin to the phone then follow the steps above.

ucifmak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiden View Post
Whats needed:

TyphoonNBFTools: http://w1.whatcounter.com/dlcount.ph...PVServices.zip
Any Official Rom (I used I-Mate SP3 WWE).
A Typhoon running Windows Mobile 5.0.

Reverting Back:

Run TyphoonNBFTools and Open the SPL1010064.nbf. Right click on SPL in the bottom part of the screen and choose Emergency Flash. If this is the first time you have used the program you will get a prompt on your phone to run the runtimes. Choose yes. Click OK to flash the new bootloader to your phone. Next disable Activesync by turning off USB connections. Turn off your phone. While holding down the Camera button insert the USB cable, the phone should run the bootloader and you will be presented with the tri-color screen. It should say USB in the bottom corner. Now run Mtty and choose USB connection. Hit enter in the blank white space. You should now see Cmd>. Type "info 2" without the quotes. You should see some information about your phone. Next type "format BINFS" agains without the quotes. This one is case sensitive. You should see format complete or something along those lines. Now close Mtty and re-enable USB connections. Run the exe from the update you downloaded and follow the instructions. Your phone should now boot back up to WM2003.

For those stuck in bootloader mode you will need to run mtty and reflash the wm5.bin to the phone then follow the steps above.
Man! Can't thank you enough for this. I took my phone to the service centre, willing to pay for the repair, and they could not do it. Every thing works fine now. Very good manual, clear instructions and correct info!
THANKS!
Yousif
HTC One X, Quad core, Arabic
TyTnII

azizraza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi
I Am Trying To Follow The Procedure Mentioned. But When I Right Click On Spl I Am Not Getting 'emergency Flash' Active.
Can U Please Assist Me Regarding This

Leiden
Old
(Last edited by Leiden; 9th November 2006 at 02:42 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
You need TyphoonNBFTools.dll installed on your phone. Try running TyphoonNBFTools and selecting Tools->Immediate Flash Tools->Test Immediate Flash. It should automatically install the required stuff for you. Check you phone when you run the program. You should get a prompt to installed a program from unknown publisher. Make sure to choose yes.

DomConway
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck in bootloader

Just trying to do this following my question here.

I though it was going well but I have a major problem now! I managed to do the emergency flash, but every time I boot I just get the tricolour bootloader screen (IPL 1.00, SPL 1.01.0064) and can't get any further. Any ideas please? I have tried using mtty to load wm5.bin but get the error "MTTYDownloadImageNot allow operation!"

I have also tried re-doing the "format BINFS" and doing the above again but still no joy.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

tjahjo.djoko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
maybe u need to make a "goldcard"
my feeler (o2 xphoneII) lives again after flash with goldcard.

DomConway
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can't find a way to create one for Typhoon, can you point me in the right direction?

er1cc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I try flash Amadeus = Qtek 8100 with UpdateTool from Qtek 8310.
Update process stopped at 74% , and UpdateProgramm closed.
Now my Qtek 8100 not Powered ON , and can't enter in boot mode (tricolor screen) with "Camera" button hold + USB cable conneting.
PC don't see any USB devices when I connected my Qtek 8100 to USB port.
I think I erased Boot loader in my Qtek 8100 (but not sure).
Is any method for repair ?
WBR !

dark_prince
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by er1cc View Post
I try flash Amadeus = Qtek 8100 with UpdateTool from Qtek 8310.
Update process stopped at 74% , and UpdateProgramm closed.
Now my Qtek 8100 not Powered ON , and can't enter in boot mode (tricolor screen) with "Camera" button hold + USB cable conneting.
PC don't see any USB devices when I connected my Qtek 8100 to USB port.
I think I erased Boot loader in my Qtek 8100 (but not sure).
Is any method for repair ?
WBR !
UR Phone is fried!

this happens to almost 1 out of 20 users.....that while downgrading/upgrading to another bootloader, ur phone becomes dead....

rickwyatt
Old
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomConway View Post
Just trying to do this following my question here.

I though it was going well but I have a major problem now! I managed to do the emergency flash, but every time I boot I just get the tricolour bootloader screen (IPL 1.00, SPL 1.01.0064) and can't get any further. Any ideas please? I have tried using mtty to load wm5.bin but get the error "MTTYDownloadImageNot allow operation!"

I have also tried re-doing the "format BINFS" and doing the above again but still no joy.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
get the tricolour bootloader type in mtty info 2 the type format BINFS then upgrade using rom upgrade