No registration required

I screwed up my SPV M3100 somehow...

OP paul.booth

10th October 2006, 11:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I had 2 choices with my SPV M3100, throw it in the bin or find a ROM image with a Bluetooth stack that actually works (and stays working); so, I downloaded a Dopod and an I-Mate rom image.

Went through the motions with the Dopod image and at the end it said there had been communications errors, it needed to reset to rectify the problem.

After it reset I have a screen which is just a mass of random pixels; curiously with a very small set of digits in the bottom left corner in red. The screen is obviously looking at RAM as I can see the pixels change as the data changes.

After about 10 seconds I get the Windows Mobile flash screen and that's where it stops. I can get the bootloader screen to appear but nothing else documented on here has any effect. I've tried the SD Card image but the bootloader doesn't seem to care/know that it's there.

mtty can see the device and I can get "some" commands to react (info 2 hangs the system; I get HTC and then some garbage text if I enter "set 14 0" but then nothing).

Is there any way to get this <extremely> unstable product back to a usable state or should I just accidentally step on it.
11th October 2006, 02:47 AM   |  #2  
Retired Moderator
Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 66

3,571 posts
Donate to Me
From what you say I see you have done pretty much all the possibilities we know for recovering a bricked unit, and we don't have any shipped update with "ORANG001" CID yet, so the sd-card flash will not work with other NBHs.

Other that it seems that the CID is corrupted (you get no output from "info 2" in mtty!), try using USB Monitor as described in comment #11 in this post and see what it looks like on the exported .txt output file:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=278025

Sorry to say that if ROM upgrade utility is not able to talk to the bootloader anymore I guess you should send your phone to HTC's repair centre or wait for a Orange rom update matching your CID and try sd-card flashing with HERMIMG.nbh again to see if you're lucky with the right CID.
TheBrit
11th October 2006, 01:53 PM   |  #3  

n/a posts
If it's insured you could "accidentally" drive yoyr car over it....
11th October 2006, 03:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
I discovered why the bootloader didn't like my SD card; it was formatted FAT and not FAT32. After I corrected that, whatever HERMIMG.nph image I use, the bootloader simply hangs at "checking..."; (I left it overnight to see if it was a sloooooow timing issue).

In all honesty I have been very disappointed with the device, the Bluetooth stack is more of a hindrance than a tool. If I run any peripherals via Bluetooth, and I do, extensively, I have to reset the device at random and unpredictable intervals (reminds me of the original 36xx iPAQs; guess HTC have gone back to their original stack )

I can feel a "faulty unit" scenario coming.

Thanks for the input anyway.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread