OP rishu007

22nd June 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Hanumangarh jn.
Thanks Meter: 21

67 posts
More
i have a problem
i had windows 8.1 64-bit in my pc then after that i installed windows 8 32-bit in different partition after that when i reboot my pc i didn't get the dual boot option to choose between windows 8 and 8.1..my system automatically loads windows 8....
25th June 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,723

5,755 posts
More
Sounds like you didn't do the installation safely with regard to the old OS. The 64-bit one may have been using a 64-bit bootloader? In any case, you may have clobbered the boot partition of the old installation. You can try using bcdedit to add a boot entry for the old OS - it might still work - but you may need top use 64-bit Win8.1 recovery media instead (and doing so you risk clobbering the boot partition for the 32-bit install).

... Do I dare ask why somebody would *do* this? I mean, I could understand if you were installing Win7 or something, and even vaguely understand why you'd install 32-bit instead of 64-bit (though these days I pretty much exclusively use virtual machines for 32-bit systems) but why in the world install 32-bit Win8 on a 64-bit Win8.1 machine??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread