FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Is there a GPS/Sat Nav barebones ROM for HD2?

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 114

By BMXJeff, Senior Member on 27th June 2014, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
As title says...

Does anybody know of a ROM specifically built to basically turn the HD2 into a sat nav?

I'm thinking all unnecessary parts of the ROM stripped, WiFi and mobile radio disabled all to optimize battery life and sat nav performance, with only GPS enabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to BMXJeff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BMXJeff Ad-Free

27th June 2014, 07:38 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,846

More
there is a tiny cm7 barebone rom here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1867986
There are links there to a superRAM sd port which works pretty fast, haven't tested gps on it iirc.(here)
your mileage might vary
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robbie P Ad-Free
29th June 2014, 12:29 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

there is a tiny cm7 barebone rom here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1867986
There are links there to a superRAM sd port which works pretty fast, haven't tested gps on it iirc.(here)
your mileage might vary

Thanks for the link, it looks promising. I think with a few tweaks it could serve the purpose.

I'm basically trying to build my own GPS navigation device to use on my mountain bike. All the devices on the market built by Garmin etc have terrible screens and really basic navigation features. Not to mention the price - £400 for the basic model with proper maps. So I figure, screw that. I'll get myself another HD2 and make my own!

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to BMXJeff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BMXJeff Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 02:03 AM |#4  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 132

More
this is an interesting idea. i have a mint HD2 in my drawer not doing anything... might just do the same.

its such a power house of a phone tho, turning it into a "Garmin GPS " is such a waste lol

HD2 will go down in history as one of the most versatile devices ever
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gps, hd2, sat nav

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)