Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Thumbs up [Guide]Flash 4.4 Custom Roms on your 4.1.2 Optimus G

OP DracoPiece

25th June 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #1  
DracoPiece's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila City
Thanks Meter: 202
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
How to flash Slink Rom and other 4.4 kitkat roms on your 4.1.2 jellybean Optimus G
1. First back-up your efs
2. Flash your KitKat stock rom (example you have a F180k, flash F180k_30b)
3. Do a Factory Reset
4. Root
5. Install custom recovery (Use Freegee and choose CWM)
6. Flash Sling Rom
7. Flash Sling patch for your F180 device
8. Flash SuperSu
9. Reboot
10. Enjoy

Hope it Helps just hit thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to DracoPiece For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #2  
hasan4791's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 369
 
1,078 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Why so many unnecessary threads regarding Kk..... So many guides already flooded all over here..... I appreciate that yu want to help users but pls show tat interest in other things.....

PS: MEMBERS PLEASE DON'T SPAM THREAD WITH DUPLICATE TOPICS. IT'LL BE INFORMED TO MODERATORS FOR ACTION.

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hasan4791 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 619
 
1,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoPiece

How to flash Slink Rom and other 4.4 kitkat roms on your 4.1.2 jellybean Optimus G
1. First back-up your efs
2. Flash your KitKat stock rom (example you have a F180k, flash F180k_30b)
3. Do a Factory Reset
4. Root
5. Install custom recovery (Use Freegee and choose CWM)
6. Flash Sling Rom
7. Flash Sling patch for your F180 device
8. Flash SuperSu
9. Reboot
10. Enjoy

I bet that steps 1, 2 and 4 would prompt a lot of "how to?" questions, no matter how many times it has been explained in other threads... Anyway, just a couple of clarifications:

7. Yes, only needed for F180 devices. For E9xx, flashing the ROM (basically, just a /system image) is enough. Also, you may want to "tweak" the patch if you don't want to mess with your BL, modem or recovery (like me). Just remove components you don't want to flash, and adjust the updater script accordingly. If you flash the patch as is, you'll end up with a locked BL and a modem that may not work for you, and you might need to flash another modem and restore EFS (backed up in step 1) - there are more than enough examples of lost signal in pretty much every relevant thread...
8. Not sure about other ROMs, but definitely not required for Sling and VDT (doesn't hurt, but not needed).
25th June 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #4  
nlooooo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 615
 
2,079 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan4791

Why so many unnecessary threads regarding Kk..... So many guides already flooded all over here..... I appreciate that yu want to help users but pls show tat interest in other things.....

PS: MEMBERS PLEASE DON'T SPAM THREAD WITH DUPLICATE TOPICS. IT'LL BE INFORMED TO MODERATORS FOR ACTION.

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2

Everybody wants to be important, and most of the time just becomes annoying...
The Following User Says Thank You to nlooooo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #5  
DracoPiece's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila City
Thanks Meter: 202
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlooooo

Everybody wants to be important, and most of the time just becomes annoying...

i dont want to be important. i just want to share some guide. please just report this post if this offends you or annoy you so this thread can be removed.
26th June 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #6  
Tijmen's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 2,387
 
1,564 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
There already are guides on this subject, to keep the discussion clear and organized this thread is closed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tijmen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes