Originally Posted by DracoPiece
How to flash Slink Rom and other 4.4 kitkat roms on your 4.1.2 jellybean Optimus G
1. First back-up your efs
2. Flash your KitKat stock rom (example you have a F180k, flash F180k_30b)
3. Do a Factory Reset
5. Install custom recovery (Use Freegee and choose CWM)
6. Flash Sling Rom
7. Flash Sling patch for your F180 device
8. Flash SuperSu
I bet that steps 1, 2 and 4 would prompt a lot of "how to?" questions, no matter how many times it has been explained in other threads...
Anyway, just a couple of clarifications:
7. Yes, only needed for F180 devices. For E9xx, flashing the ROM (basically, just a /system image) is enough. Also, you may want to "tweak" the patch if you don't want to mess with your BL, modem or recovery (like me). Just remove components you don't want to flash, and adjust the updater script accordingly. If you flash the patch as is, you'll end up with a locked BL and a modem that may
not work for you, and you might need to flash another modem and restore EFS (backed up in step 1) - there are more than enough examples of lost signal in pretty much every relevant thread...
8. Not sure about other ROMs, but definitely not required for Sling and VDT (doesn't hurt, but not needed).
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2
To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!