Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HARD BRICK ?] - I919x - Make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security

Tip us?
 
ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 1st February 2014 at 03:45 PM.)
#1  
ValenteL's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Posts: 2,167
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Espinho
Default [HARD BRICK ?] - I919x - Make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security

Hi People

We all must have the debrick.img on our extSdCard by security. If we have a Hard Brick we can make like this examples solved whit success.

See two HARD BRICK's solved. I have sending them the debrick.img:

This whit a Guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600869 . One Mega 6.3" I9205.
And this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2624203 . One Note3 N9005 whit Kitkat 4.4.2.

The method is the same for all Samsung devices that have a Pit file on partition mmcblk0.

The principal Thread for this work is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367 Thanks @KAsp3rd

See also this to create the debrick.img: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=45 Thanks @DocHoliday77

T999 is a example. This Mod work whit Pit.file partition mmcblk0. This is same on all Samsung devices I think. I only change to I9195_Partial_sys...

If You flashed a new Pit file or Updated by OTA (that can bring one), make new debrick.img . From 4.2.2 to 4.3 also.

PS: All People, make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security.

Flash this by Recovery. Saved on Internal Sdcard. Copy it to extSdCard.

(Whit the usual Recovery from @arco68 Dev, the debrick.img is on /data/media.
Whit the Recovery from @Phil3759 is on /sdcard or /storage/sdcard0.
Attached Files
File Type: zip I9195_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip - [Click for QR Code] (378.7 KB, 212 views)
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rrgrrg
Old
#2  
rrgrrg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3439
Posts: 2,098
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenteL View Post
This Mod work whit Pit.file partition mmcblk0. This is same on all Samsung devices I think. I only change to I9195_Partial_sys...
.
so its ok to use on the i9192/0 variants .. then please edit the title from i9195 to i9190/2/5
My Projects:
Current Device:
Quote:
Model:GT-i9192 - Galaxy S4 Mini
Rom: WizzedKAT 2.0RC CHECK THIS QUICK REVIEW NEW !!
Kernel:Amestris Kernel V2.7
Modem:i9192XXUBMK4
The Following User Says Thank You to rrgrrg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ladislav.heller
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 316
Posts: 466
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bratislava

 
DONATE TO ME
Nice! But what to do with the dump image when phone is bricked?
 
ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 28th January 2014 at 07:08 PM.)
#4  
ValenteL's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Posts: 2,167
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Espinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladislav.heller View Post
Nice! But what to do with the dump image when phone is bricked?
See this Guide made by a member that had a device bricked and I have sending him my debrick.img:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600869

On PC we make a MicroSD (16 or 32 GB) whit Win32DiskImager.exe using the debrick.img. After created this Microsd that have many partitions hidden for Windows but not for the device, We insert it on Bricked phone, press start and begin something to give life to it. Because the debrick.img was made from Pit file I think that is re-writed the PIT and after we have Download Mode and can use Odin.

But see the Thread father from this process: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367 Thanks @KAsp3rd
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following User Says Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ladislav.heller
Old
(Last edited by ladislav.heller; 28th January 2014 at 07:31 PM.) Reason: *
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 316
Posts: 466
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bratislava

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenteL View Post
See this Guide made by a member that had a device bricked and I have sending him my debrick.img:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600869

On PC we make a MicroSD (16 or 32 GB) whit Win32DiskImager.exe using the debrick.img. After created this Microsd that have many partitions hidden for Windows but not for the device, We insert it on Bricked phone, press start and begin something to give life to it. Because the debrick.img was made from Pit file I think that is re-writed the PIT and after we have Download Mode and can use Odin.

But see the Thread father from this process: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367 Thanks @KAsp3rd
OK, now it's clear I think: When phone is hard bricked and says something like QHSUSB_DLOAD when you turn it on, you can save it using the image on sdcard. Is that right?

Another question: What size the dump image will have when I flash your update package in CWM ?
 
ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 28th January 2014 at 10:29 PM.)
#6  
ValenteL's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Posts: 2,167
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Espinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladislav.heller View Post
OK, now it's clear I think: When phone is hard bricked and says something like QHSUSB_DLOAD when you turn it on, you can save it using the image on sdcard. Is that right?

Another question: What size the dump image will have when I flash your update package in CWM ?
Right.
Dump image called debrick.img have 128 MB. But to create the Sdcard on PC we need one from 16 or 32 GB.

Here the debrick.img from my I9195: https://meocloud.pt/link/220d6612-15...brick.img.tar/
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nibb-1
Old
#7  
nibb-1's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2013
Hi Thanks for this guide, i flashed it with cwm and its intalling and dumbing the .img ok, but after that i cant find the debrick.img anywhere on my GT-I9195, have i overlooked something ??

Thanks
 
ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 30th January 2014 at 12:27 AM.)
#8  
ValenteL's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Posts: 2,167
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Espinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibb-1 View Post
Hi Thanks for this guide, i flashed it with cwm and its intalling and dumbing the .img ok, but after that i cant find the debrick.img anywhere on my GT-I9195, have i overlooked something ??
Thanks
Hi
It is on /data/media, the debrick.img is there. On 4.1.2 /data/media is the internal sdcard but on 4.2.2 whit the option multiuser the configuration from it is different (the place depends from the Recovery used).

It arrived to me also. Not seen debrick.img on internal sdcard. Not remember that. I flashed the Recovery from Phil3759 and it work to normal sdcard..
Now I use this Recovery, I like it. See it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2463322

For I9195 choice serranoltexx: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...oltexx.tar.md5
Is CWM based 6.0.4.6

And You have Your debrick.img on internal sdcard or on /data/media. Copy it to external.
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following User Says Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gonzalomorenorovetto
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 36
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Santiago
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibb-1 View Post
Hi Thanks for this guide, i flashed it with cwm and its intalling and dumbing the .img ok, but after that i cant find the debrick.img anywhere on my GT-I9195, have i overlooked something ??

Thanks
I had to use FX file explorer to find the debrick.img file. Used the search option. Don't remember where it was, you could't find it browsing the emulated storage (that's how the phone mounts the internal media in Android 4.2.2)
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini LTE - I9195
Country: Chile
CyanogenMod CM11-M6

Previously, STOCK and KNOX FREE! I9195UBUBNA2
 
ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 1st February 2014 at 03:46 PM.)
#10  
ValenteL's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 825
Posts: 2,167
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Espinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalomorenorovetto View Post
I had to use FX file explorer to find the debrick.img file. Used the search option. Don't remember where it was, you could't find it browsing the emulated storage (that's how the phone mounts the internal media in Android 4.2.2)
Whit the usual Recovery from @arco68 Dev, the debrick.img is on /data/media.
Whit the Recovery from @Phil3759 is on /sdcard or /storage/sdcard0.
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes