[Guide] How to get the most out of your brand spanking new G3!
Just thought I’d put a short guide together on what I think are some things to do to get the most out of your spanking new LG G3 when you get it or you already have it. Most of you guys might already know most of this or might not. Just thought it might help some people. This ain’t rocket science but every little bit helps!
This is the hardest thing to do because like a fingerprint everyone has a different set up with apps and how they use their phone (wifi vs 3g vs 4g etc) that screen on time will always vary. Also you don’t want to turn everything off and cripple your brand new smartphone just for your battery. There’s a balance.
However here are some general things to do that do help:
1. Install Greenify from the Playstore. I have found this is the number one way to stop drainage. This app will hibernate apps when not in use. It doesn’t stop their functionality at all but hibernates them.
2. Don’t use Google Now. I think it’s a gimmick and does bugger all for me however if you use it it will drain your battery big time. Of course if you love it then use it!
3. Don’t use location services. Another big drainer. Just use it when you need it. However if you have apps that need it then of course leave it on!
4. Use ‘auto’ on screen brightness. Mine is on ‘auto’ but at 100% and the brightness is perfectly ok for me.
5. If you continue to get big drainage then download Betterbatterystats from the Playstore and look at the ‘wakelocks’ – this way you will be able to see what’s draining your battery. As a general rule your phone should go into deep sleep for at least 80% of the time.
With this phone I am getting around 5 to 5.5 hours Screen on Time. You should be getting around that too.
Here are a few things only that really do help with speed and performance:
1. The whole thermal throttling thing is a pain i.e. LG’s decision to turn down brightness when it gets hot. However there is something you can do and which I have now done for two weeks with no adverse problems. Turn it off! Put this in the phone app: 3845#*400# and then scroll down to 'high temperature property' and switch to enable and do the same for 'thermal daemon mitigation'. Please note my model is ‘400’ so this will work in the number sequence above. For models with other numbers I am pretty sure you just substitute and put that number in e.g. 855.
2. Go to Dev Options and change the transition animation scale, the animator duration scale and the window animation scale to 0.5. This little thing speeds up your phone like nothing else.
3. Root your phone with towelroot. One click root! And then start debloating. Get rid of whatever you want by downloading Titanium Backup and going into each app and freezing whatever you want. Freezing is safer than uninstalling but does the same thing. Debloating is a must!
4. So once rooted then start using xPosed modules by downloading and installing the xPosed framework and then rebooting.
These are my personal Top 3:
a. Download the brilliant xPosed module ‘TweaksBox’ by P_Toti located at:
And donate something to him! This allows you to change so much with this phone. I dunno where to start. It is superb.
b. I dislike the LG skin so immediately download the Google launcher – to me it is the fastest launcher out there beating Nova and Apex. This launcher cannot be customised however there is a fantastic xPosed module that allows you to customise everything - Xposed Gel settings located here:
And donate to him too!
c. How good would it be to extend your nav bar seamlessly if you slide your finger! Well you can – download Xtended nav bar here:
And donate to him too!
I can’t think of anything else but these things definitely help.
And get ready for your G3 – it is super duper great!