Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint Note 2 bricked

Tip us?

carshass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sprint Note 2 bricked

Hello everyone i got a note 2 sprint bricked. I used odin and it keeps saying failed at sboot.bin right after recovery.please help if you can thanks.

DisposableHero1985
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Default Re: Sprint Note 2 bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by carshass View Post
Hello everyone i got a note 2 sprint bricked. I used odin and it keeps saying failed at sboot.bin right after recovery.please help if you can thanks.
You need to post more info if possible but it sounds like you are trying to downgrade from MA7 to an earlier firmware like LK8. The update included a security patch so it won't let you go back to insecure. Try pulling the sboot out of whatever you are trying to flash or stick with MA7

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DisposableHero1985 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clip3009
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default Re: Sprint Note 2 bricked

Try downloading another .tar file for ljc. I had the same issue. I believe i got a working one directly from samfirmware

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

shangus1
Old
Thanks Meter 6
oook,, so im new to the note2 just came from a gs2 with jellybam on it...soo im running jellybomb and i flashed venum ice reborn 1.5 it seemed to fash fine until reboot,, then it just hung on the note2 bootup screen. i hold down home and power and it says up to download custom rom down to restart... both jut hang. help?
i got as far as trying to find odin but i couldnt and stopped.

shangus1
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shangus1 View Post
oook,, so im new to the note2 just came from a gs2 with jellybam on it...soo im running jellybomb and i flashed venum ice reborn 1.5 it seemed to fash fine until reboot,, then it just hung on the note2 bootup screen. i hold down home and power and it says up to download custom rom down to restart... both jut hang. help?
i got as far as trying to find odin but i couldnt and stopped.

umm ya i see why i didnt get a reply.. all i had to do was hold volume up home power and the n re flash... its amazing what you can figure out inhere when ignored lolz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shangus1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AdrianR1189
Old
(Last edited by AdrianR1189; 10th March 2013 at 12:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I've been having the same problem for a couple days now. I can install a custom rom but I can't figure out how to get back to stock.

Quote:
You need to post more info if possible but it sounds like you are trying to downgrade from MA7 to an earlier firmware like LK8
That might be the problem I'm having.

EDIT:
Yep, that was it. Thanks!

na_tra
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
It's not brick cuz odin can still see your phone. If you dont have TWRP on it, go to www.twrp.com and download the tar file for sprint note 2. Then use Odin to flash it. Once you are done that, go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2086769 to get either the old LJC or MA7 and put it in your phone either internal or external SD. Do the wipe cache/factory reset first. Then flash it. It will go back to stock rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to na_tra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demorik
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Help

Hello even though its old I figured I would post here first instead of starting a new thread, my friend has a Note 2 for Sprint never rooted or custom ROM flashed and he said it was sitting on the charger and when he woke up in the morning it was off and after attempting to power the device on it stays stuck on the Samsung logo. I cant get Kies to recognize the device at all not matter what pc is use however it shows up in Odin but it fails everything from stock files ( older and current ) , different versions of Odin, recoveries and I even tried a " unbrick .tar file " . Any help at all would be appreciated I will include pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140516_113825.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	2747205   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140516_115549.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	2747207   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140516_115806.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	2747208  

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 3994

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demorik View Post
Hello even though its old I figured I would post here first instead of starting a new thread, my friend has a Note 2 for Sprint never rooted or custom ROM flashed and he said it was sitting on the charger and when he woke up in the morning it was off and after attempting to power the device on it stays stuck on the Samsung logo. I cant get Kies to recognize the device at all not matter what pc is use however it shows up in Odin but it fails everything from stock files ( older and current ) , different versions of Odin, recoveries and I even tried a " unbrick .tar file " . Any help at all would be appreciated I will include pics
Can you odin a custom recovery and boot into it?

1. Put phone in download mode
2. In odin program uncheck reboot and flash recovery
3. After flash disconnect phone and pull battery
4. Quickly insert and remove battery multiple times (if you just reinsert battery it will automatically boot)
5. Boot phone into recovery backup any important data that is on your internal sdcard
6. Do factory reset then flash billards stock mc2 with counter reset (do not wipe cache after flashing this)
7. Flash superuser zip found in billards Op
8. Reboot phone and freakout when see the screen do odd things and reboot (this is normal)

Now it will bootup on stock rooted mc2.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

demorik
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
Can you odin a custom recovery and boot into it?

1. Put phone in download mode
2. In odin program uncheck reboot and flash recovery
3. After flash disconnect phone and pull battery
4. Quickly insert and remove battery multiple times (if you just reinsert battery it will automatically boot)
5. Boot phone into recovery backup any important data that is on your internal sdcard
6. Do factory reset then flash billards stock mc2 with counter reset (do not wipe cache after flashing this)
7. Flash superuser zip found in billards Op
8. Reboot phone and freakout when see the screen do odd things and reboot (this is normal)

Now it will bootup on stock rooted mc2.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have tried but I never tried to uncheck anything in Odin, I will try it later and post the results thanks.