Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 43,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Usb-port charging issues, I think at least... Anyone recognize?!

Tip us?
 
daspunner
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default Usb-port charging issues, I think at least... Anyone recognize?!

Both and my girlfriend have an HTC One that stopped charging. My experience with other phones isthat it's usually the usb-port. Thinking about cracking them open to change 'em myself.


Anyone care to comment on this?!!

Sent from my GT-N5120 using XDA Free mobile app
 
yatindroid
Old
#2  
yatindroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 1,384
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
Quote:
Originally Posted by daspunner View Post
Both and my girlfriend have an HTC One that stopped charging. My experience with other phones isthat it's usually the usb-port. Thinking about cracking them open to change 'em myself.

Anyone care to comment on this?!!

Sent from my GT-N5120 using XDA Free mobile app
please elaborate only your phone have issue or both phone has issues
Does phone charge after switch off

from HTC One
 
daspunner
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindroid View Post
please elaborate only your phone have issue or both phone has issues
Does phone charge after switch off
from HTC One


None of them charge and none of them reacts to power button. Mine bought in August 2013 and my girlfriends in March 2014. Both died and wouldnt take charge after that. Mine died a week ago and her about two months ago. Still warranty on both of them but the service center claerly states that all data will be erased when sent to them. I have to much data that then will be lost, long time since backup...
 
yatindroid
Old
#4  
yatindroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 1,384
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
Quote:
Originally Posted by daspunner View Post
None of them charge and none of them reacts to power button. Mine bought in August 2013 and my girlfriends in March 2014. Both died and wouldnt take charge after that. Mine died a week ago and her about two months ago. Still warranty on both of them but the service center claerly states that all data will be erased when sent to them. I have to much data that then will be lost, long time since backup...
you can do few things change USB port or take battery out charge it
then start your phone copy data
If USB port is defective change that
These are only option

from HTC One
 
spinez
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Apr 2010
As of today, my phone will not charge at all. I've tried 3 different cables, in the wall and direct to usb, but nothing. Anything I can try to get this resolved?
 
yatindroid
Old
#6  
yatindroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 1,384
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinez View Post
As of today, my phone will not charge at all. I've tried 3 different cables, in the wall and direct to usb, but nothing. Anything I can try to get this resolved?
it seems hardware issue goto service center for USB port check

from HTC One
 
spinez
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindroid View Post
it seems hardware issue goto service center for USB port check

from HTC One
i am under the impression that this particular phone cannot be taken apart at all due to the unibody design. is this not true?
 
yatindroid
Old
#8  
yatindroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 1,384
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinez View Post
i am under the impression that this particular phone cannot be taken apart at all due to the unibody design. is this not true?
you think it's not serviceable
Unibody design makes it difficult but it can be open

from HTC One
 
daspunner
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinez View Post
i am under the impression that this particular phone cannot be taken apart at all due to the unibody design. is this not true?
I did it without damaging anything!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more

Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more