Originally Posted by ddslee
@MrSewerPickle, I have a question for you.
Have you unlocked your bootloader prior to the updates?
Did your camera break going from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3?
Did your camera start working just by updating to 4.4.4?
I have a GPE with an unlocked bootloader and a broken camera wih 4.4.3. I have reverted back to 4.4.2 for now and the camera started working but would like to update to 4.4.4 if it will retain camera functionality.
So some clarification:
- The 4.4.4 update fixed my camera. I took a few pictures then decided to take a video. Switching to video recording caused the screen to go black then the camera icon to appear like before like its busted. It is now busted and stuck in that if I load the camera app now.
- I do have a unlocked boot loader (did it with 4.4.2)
- I have ART set as the JVM.
- Upgrading to 4.4.3 broke video and picture capture.
- Upgrading to 4.4.4 fixed picture capture until I switch to video recording, then that broke both video and picture capture.
- When loading the camera app and looking at the log, I see a lot of "CredMgr..." Errors and I have no clue why that's involved with video/picture capture.