Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear 2 and Fleksy - My trick for making replying to texts easier.

Tip us?

bendernyc
Old
(Last edited by bendernyc; 19th June 2014 at 04:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Gear 2 and Fleksy - My trick for making replying to texts easier.

There are a lot of posts here complaining about the beta, but...it's a beta. It's still in development. I was very vocal when the gear first came out without fleksy especially when they announced it with launch nearly 2 months before the release date. But it's here and I'm happy. here are some tips to make replying to sms easier.

1. Use the shortcut clock and put fleksy as one of the apps. One thing I love about the gear 2 is how easy it is to customize the interface by simply dragging and dropping from the watch.

2. If you have a group of lets say 5 or 10 people you text very frequently, simply put a "." in front of the contact name. When your watch syncs up, those contacts will be at the top eliminating the need to scroll through dozens (or in my case) hundreds of contacts) When you get notified of a txt, simply press the home button, click on fleksy on your shortcut watch face, select contacts at the top of the list and your all set. It's really very easy. I've attached the image to show you my setup. If anyone has any questions post away, I will be doing a video on youtube shortly.

Thank you for Fleksy for finally getting this out there. This app brings us a huge step closer to the smartwatch we all wanted!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bendernyc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rlee008
Old
Thanks Meter 123
thanks for the tips.... i just installed Fleksy and im pretty impressed with it (being beta & all). keyboard is kinda awkward to use because i have some pretty big fingers but nice to have. so far i havent found any issues
" Dee Dee Dee, Here's your sign!"

Current Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T
Current ROM: Stock/ROOTED
Backup ROM: None
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock B/L
Case(s): UAG Navigator (White) & UAG Outland (Orange) Highly recommended cases!
Watch: Samsung Gear 2 (Charcoal / Black) Rooted

highlordkram
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendernyc View Post
There are a lot of posts here complaining about the beta, but...it's a beta. It's still in development. I was very vocal when the gear first came out without fleksy especially when they announced it with launch nearly 2 months before the release date. But it's here and I'm happy. here are some tips to make replying to sms easier.

1. Use the shortcut clock and put fleksy as one of the apps. One thing I love about the gear 2 is how easy it is to customize the interface by simply dragging and dropping from the watch.

2. If you have a group of lets say 5 or 10 people you text very frequently, simply put a "." in front of the contact name. When your watch syncs up, those contacts will be at the top eliminating the need to scroll through dozens (or in my case) hundreds of contacts) When you get notified of a txt, simply press the home button, click on fleksy on your shortcut watch face, select contacts at the top of the list and your all set. It's really very easy. I've attached the image to show you my setup. If anyone has any questions post away, I will be doing a video on youtube shortly.

Thank you for Fleksy for finally getting this out there. This app brings us a huge step closer to the smartwatch we all wanted!

Thank you for the tips/advice. Your suggestions are great and it works well to sort. My issue is that I thought Flesky would do autocorrects, especially with such a small keyboard to try and use, but mine does not. Does anyone know if this feature is coming?

alienmanam
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlordkram View Post
Thank you for the tips/advice. Your suggestions are great and it works well to sort. My issue is that I thought Flesky would do autocorrects, especially with such a small keyboard to try and use, but mine does not. Does anyone know if this feature is coming?
The auto-correct feature works just fine on mine. It didn't work the first time I downloaded the application but after a delete and re-install it worked fine. You could try that.

slaydog
Old
Thanks Meter 379
Always worked on mine. You're right, it would be worthless if it didn't

highlordkram
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydog View Post
Always worked on mine. You're right, it would be worthless if it didn't
Guess what? It does work, but I was typing one word tests at first and did not hit the space bar. You need to do this to have the autocorrect do its thing. Now when I type tsting, it corrects it to testing, or thrre to three. Thanks all.

slaydog
Old
Thanks Meter 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlordkram View Post
Guess what? It does work, but I was typing one word tests at first and did not hit the space bar. You need to do this to have the autocorrect do its thing. Now when I type tsting, it corrects it to testing, or thrre to three. Thanks all.
Good point. I always have to hit the space bar after the last word, which is kind of weird

vaios_d
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how i close off the autocorrect theme because i am from greece and i want to write greek with latin characters an the autocorrect make this thing impossible.

Gear2Guy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
it may just be me or my phone, but it seems like after i send 1 or more messages with Flesky from my Gear neo, the "swipe" keyboard on my S5 stops working. I also lose my autocorrect feature unless i restart the phone (have not found another fix yet).

anyone else notice this? its almost like the S5 forgets it has Swype, and instead thinks its still using flesky.

BlackZenith
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I've setup my "Double Press" home button to open Fleksy. The "Double Press" command works from any screen on the Gear 2. After I read a text message I immediately "Double Press" and Fleksy appears showing my inbox.
Note 3 + Gear 2

The Following User Says Thank You to BlackZenith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]