Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Gear 2 and Fleksy - My trick for making replying to texts easier.

OP bendernyc

19th June 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
There are a lot of posts here complaining about the beta, but...it's a beta. It's still in development. I was very vocal when the gear first came out without fleksy especially when they announced it with launch nearly 2 months before the release date. But it's here and I'm happy. here are some tips to make replying to sms easier.

1. Use the shortcut clock and put fleksy as one of the apps. One thing I love about the gear 2 is how easy it is to customize the interface by simply dragging and dropping from the watch.

2. If you have a group of lets say 5 or 10 people you text very frequently, simply put a "." in front of the contact name. When your watch syncs up, those contacts will be at the top eliminating the need to scroll through dozens (or in my case) hundreds of contacts) When you get notified of a txt, simply press the home button, click on fleksy on your shortcut watch face, select contacts at the top of the list and your all set. It's really very easy. I've attached the image to show you my setup. If anyone has any questions post away, I will be doing a video on youtube shortly.

Thank you for Fleksy for finally getting this out there. This app brings us a huge step closer to the smartwatch we all wanted!

Last edited by bendernyc; 19th June 2014 at 05:14 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bendernyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #2  
rlee008's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 123
 
575 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
thanks for the tips.... i just installed Fleksy and im pretty impressed with it (being beta & all). keyboard is kinda awkward to use because i have some pretty big fingers but nice to have. so far i havent found any issues
25th June 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 47
 
198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendernyc

There are a lot of posts here complaining about the beta, but...it's a beta. It's still in development. I was very vocal when the gear first came out without fleksy especially when they announced it with launch nearly 2 months before the release date. But it's here and I'm happy. here are some tips to make replying to sms easier.

1. Use the shortcut clock and put fleksy as one of the apps. One thing I love about the gear 2 is how easy it is to customize the interface by simply dragging and dropping from the watch.

2. If you have a group of lets say 5 or 10 people you text very frequently, simply put a "." in front of the contact name. When your watch syncs up, those contacts will be at the top eliminating the need to scroll through dozens (or in my case) hundreds of contacts) When you get notified of a txt, simply press the home button, click on fleksy on your shortcut watch face, select contacts at the top of the list and your all set. It's really very easy. I've attached the image to show you my setup. If anyone has any questions post away, I will be doing a video on youtube shortly.

Thank you for Fleksy for finally getting this out there. This app brings us a huge step closer to the smartwatch we all wanted!


Thank you for the tips/advice. Your suggestions are great and it works well to sort. My issue is that I thought Flesky would do autocorrects, especially with such a small keyboard to try and use, but mine does not. Does anyone know if this feature is coming?
25th June 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #4  
alienmanam's Avatar
Member
Flag Gainesville, GA
Thanks Meter: 203
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlordkram

Thank you for the tips/advice. Your suggestions are great and it works well to sort. My issue is that I thought Flesky would do autocorrects, especially with such a small keyboard to try and use, but mine does not. Does anyone know if this feature is coming?

The auto-correct feature works just fine on mine. It didn't work the first time I downloaded the application but after a delete and re-install it worked fine. You could try that.
The Following User Says Thank You to alienmanam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #5  
slaydog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 452
 
1,488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Always worked on mine. You're right, it would be worthless if it didn't
26th June 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 47
 
198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydog

Always worked on mine. You're right, it would be worthless if it didn't

Guess what? It does work, but I was typing one word tests at first and did not hit the space bar. You need to do this to have the autocorrect do its thing. Now when I type tsting, it corrects it to testing, or thrre to three. Thanks all.
26th June 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #7  
slaydog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 452
 
1,488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlordkram

Guess what? It does work, but I was typing one word tests at first and did not hit the space bar. You need to do this to have the autocorrect do its thing. Now when I type tsting, it corrects it to testing, or thrre to three. Thanks all.

Good point. I always have to hit the space bar after the last word, which is kind of weird
1st July 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
how i close off the autocorrect theme because i am from greece and i want to write greek with latin characters an the autocorrect make this thing impossible.
25th July 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
it may just be me or my phone, but it seems like after i send 1 or more messages with Flesky from my Gear neo, the "swipe" keyboard on my S5 stops working. I also lose my autocorrect feature unless i restart the phone (have not found another fix yet).

anyone else notice this? its almost like the S5 forgets it has Swype, and instead thinks its still using flesky.
25th July 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #10  
BlackZenith's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
255 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I've setup my "Double Press" home button to open Fleksy. The "Double Press" command works from any screen on the Gear 2. After I read a text message I immediately "Double Press" and Fleksy appears showing my inbox.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlackZenith For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes