Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Help: Galaxy S4 i9505 4.4 kitkat camera not working

Tip us?

stryker05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Need Help: Galaxy S4 i9505 4.4 kitkat camera not working

I recently upgraded my phones firmware from 4.3 to 4.4 everything was working fine until a few days later the camera suddenly stops working. It just shows black but all the buttons on the camera app is there. When I switch it to the front cam its working but on the rear its not.

I tried to test it using *#0*# it shows data line failed and camera failed. I tried flashing it again and doing a factory reset but nothing works. I tried replacing the camera module but still not working. Does this mean my board is broken or something?

Need Help. thanks!

next4nextel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker05 View Post
I recently upgraded my phones firmware from 4.3 to 4.4 everything was working fine until a few days later the camera suddenly stops working. It just shows black but all the buttons on the camera app is there. When I switch it to the front cam its working but on the rear its not.

I tried to test it using *#0*# it shows data line failed and camera failed. I tried flashing it again and doing a factory reset but nothing works. I tried replacing the camera module but still not working. Does this mean my board is broken or something?

Need Help. thanks!
I've got the same problem on the same phone. My phone wouldn't power on and had to have it's ic replaced. After that the wifi wasn't working so I flashed to 4.4 and that fixed that but the camera isn't working. When I test *#0*# the front facing camera is working but the rear show the same errors as above. When I open the camera it shows a black screen and says 'firmware is updating please wait' and nothing happens.

On typing *#34971539# and then pressing Phone/CAM FW Ver Check I get these:

Rear facing camera

Cam FW Ver: NONE
Phone FW Ver: S13F0SAGI01

The front facing camera has

Cam FW Ver: S5K6B2YX
Phone FW Ver: S5K6B2YX

Any help would be appreciated!