Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] GPS tracking awful - P6 wrong decision?

OP masteroe12

2nd June 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essen
Thanks Meter: 15

157 posts
More
generally i'm using Endomondo Pro for tracking my sports activity (jogging), but with the P6 it seems nearly impossible to get good and correct tracking

I tried it now several times with several different ROMS and Tools , but the tracked GPS data is really awful...

With my last two smartphones (HTC HD2 , RAZR XT910) the tracking was much much better ...

Does anybody uses this phone also for GPS tracking with better experience (or does this phone have an ****ty GPS ) ??

When yes please tell me which ROM and which Tools..

thanks in advance ! m
3rd June 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteroe12

generally i'm using Endomondo Pro for tracking my sports activity (jogging), but with the P6 it seems nearly impossible to get good and correct tracking

I tried it now several times with several different ROMS and Tools , but the tracked GPS data is really awful...

With my last two smartphones (HTC HD2 , RAZR XT910) the tracking was much much better ...

Does anybody uses this phone also for GPS tracking with better experience (or does this phone have an ****ty GPS ) ??

When yes please tell me which ROM and which Tools..

thanks in advance ! m

Sorry to tell you this, but i've had the same problems since I bought the phone in August... Tried a lot of ROMs and GPS tools with no luck. Apparently some people's P6 has a perfectly working GPS, but some of us didn't have that luck. No idea where the problem comes from, I wish I knew.
4th June 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 165

663 posts
More
Here a track from my p6. Saved with locus pro and firmware b507. I think it is perfect.

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401878522518.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	2779937  
5th June 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

98 posts
Yes tracking works fine sometimes. The problem is that sometimes you wont get a lock in a one hour run. I have several 0km ~30min bike rides saved with sports tracker along with a larger stack of incomplete tracks. Samsung galaxy s and had no problems what so ever for a couple of years - and i didnt even fix the ****ty antenna on it.
Factory reset helps for a while, so i think its a software related issue. Gps just wont wake up when the app needs it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 165

663 posts
More
Ahh, GPS wont wake up and no icon in statusbar? This issue have any people. I think this is a hardware problem. On my P6 GPS is all time viable when i need it.

Here one tip, but it only help it is a software problem:

-copy attached apk to \system\priv-app\
-set rights to 644
-reboot
-set "location mode" to "High Accuracy"
Attached Files
File Type: apk NetworkLocation_Baidu.apk - [Click for QR Code] (176.2 KB, 26 views)
5th June 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
I use this gps.conf file from the LG flex and it works just fine...replace this gps.conf with the one in system/etc/ ... If you can't replace the file, use RootExplorer with root permission
Attached Files
File Type: rar gps.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 42 views)
Last edited by Mfsto; 5th June 2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: I forgot to attach the file
10th June 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

159 posts
Well, I used to have problems with GPS all the time. Since I've sent the phone back to the repair centre it works much way better...

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
26th June 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essen
Thanks Meter: 15

157 posts
More
I am using the ROM -> [ROM][4.4.4][ Unofficially Omni ROM | Ascend P6 from SUDRU_Petru

now GPS is nearly perfect !!! Guys it seems to be a software issue...

no gps.conf edit or any other edit. It just works !!!
26th June 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 63

246 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteroe12

I am using the ROM -> [ROM][4.4.4][ Unofficially Omni ROM | Ascend P6 from SUDRU_Petru

now GPS is nearly perfect !!! Guys it seems to be a software issue...

no gps.conf edit or any other edit. It just works !!!

Yes. It's a software issue. No matter what RM you have, the problem is there.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread