Rooted c6902 using towelroot v1, installed nuts xz1dualrecovery n supersu 2.00...now

Search This thread

Palauv

Jun 25, 2014
Berhampore
After rooting n flashing xz1dualrecovery with the help of pc and then flashing super su 2.00 i am facing strange problems! After a day my phone is not booting in recovery, no vibration or yellow lights during restart! Then after yesterday i saw that its not switching off when i hold power button and then click 'power off' only reboot to safe mode and holding power n volume up is working. I had uninstalled google play services, google plus n all except google search, google sttings, maps nplay store. I uninstalled youtube and notes too. N Yes i had backed up entire partion via xz1dualrecovery, but after that due to insufficient space i manually delete the backup file from sdcard/clockworkmod/

What do i do now?
And also tell me please that whether i update 4.4.4 via ota when it come(my phone is rooted, bl locked) ? Thanks in advance...
N last of all kindly suggest me what apps do i install now to improve my phone(i had installed busybox free, rom toolbox, android tuner, set cpu, trickstermod, add free and uninstalled them, only root app present is titanium backup pro).

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
You lost recovery and had all those problems because you installed busybox...

Read OP from XZDualRecovery - it clearly says - do not install busybox.
Busybox is included and if you installed another version you'll lose recovery...

You can flash fw via flashtool and root device again to repair that...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Palauv

Palauv

Jun 25, 2014
Berhampore
Thank you a ton! I am now waiting for 4.4.4 ftf. I will flash it n be careful from now. :x also tell me which recovery is best? Can i update via ota or sus in future if i have root?

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Thank you a ton! I am now waiting for 4.4.4 ftf. I will flash it n be careful from now. :x also tell me which recovery is best? Can i update via ota or sus in future if i have root?

Sure you can...
You will lose root, of course but for now, there's no fw for Xperia which cannot be rooted.

So, when PC Companion say - update is ready, update your device and root ut using easy root, install NUT recovery and you'll be rooted with recovery again.

There's no "better" recovery on locked bootloader, there's only one recovery by NUT.
In that recovery you can choose CWM, TWRP and PhilsRecovery.
CWM and TWRP are my favorites and you there's not much difference between them.
Both will do the job...

Reactions: Palauv

Palauv

Jun 25, 2014
Berhampore
Thank you. From a satisfied noob and first time xda post'er :)

Palauv

Jun 25, 2014
Berhampore
Hey,I have got a new method to root as well as recovery!

just download z1lockeddualrecovery 2.127.8 and connect ur phone to pc(usb debugging on and adb drivers installed),now extract downloaded file anywhere and go there, u ll find .Bat file click it,then press 3,wait...in ur phone screen some numbers appear,click ok,then in ur phone towel root automatically appears,click make it rain,wait for phone booting,don't click anything before boot... U r done! BOTH DUALRECOVERY AND ROOT! Now flash supersu 2.00 zip via recovery...

P.S. I just found it,all credit goes to respectable awesume nuts' :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You lost recovery and had all those problems because you installed busybox...

Read OP from XZDualRecovery - it clearly says - do not install busybox.
    Busybox is included and if you installed another version you'll lose recovery...

You can flash fw via flashtool and root device again to repair that...

Sure you can...
    You will lose root, of course but for now, there's no fw for Xperia which cannot be rooted.

So, when PC Companion say - update is ready, update your device and root ut using easy root, install NUT recovery and you'll be rooted with recovery again.

There's no "better" recovery on locked bootloader, there's only one recovery by NUT.
    In that recovery you can choose CWM, TWRP and PhilsRecovery.
    CWM and TWRP are my favorites and you there's not much difference between them.
    Both will do the job...