Ask a question

No registration required

Pre Ordering Samsung Tab S

OP fergymac

13th June 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Moving over to a Tab S 10.5" from a Note Pro 12.2" not much different in the display size but my arms will appreciate the weight difference and my eyes will LOVE Netflix HD.... Sears has a SWEET DEAL on preorder right now 105.00 back and FREE Tab S Book cover 😁 thinking if I should wait around on the 32GB Version though 😏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
13th June 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 91

444 posts
Best Buy offers the 10.5 32GB for pre-order as an "exclusive".
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyBigs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #3  
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 310

987 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBigs

Best Buy offers the 10.5 32GB for pre-order as an "exclusive".

Yeah I noticed that, hmmmm.

It's tempting even though I have a Note 10.14 already...

This is such a great tablet I can't imagine this new one, with that screen and size specs.
14th June 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 414

1,903 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergymac

Moving over to a Tab S 10.5" from a Note Pro 12.2" not much different in the display size but my arms will appreciate the weight difference and my eyes will LOVE Netflix HD.... Sears has a SWEET DEAL on preorder right now 105.00 back and FREE Tab S Book cover 😁 thinking if I should wait around on the 32GB Version though 😏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think this is the first post in this forum.

Definitely would like at least 32 GB. Leaning more towards the 8.4". We have a 10" tablet, and it is just too big to use one handed. And by use, I mean hold.
14th June 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 91

444 posts
The weight of both tablet is relatively low. The AMOLED screen makes for a thin tablet. The ahead-of-its-time GT-P6800 7.7 tablet is amazingly thin and solid. It's still a good tablet for media playing and web surfing.
14th June 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 41

213 posts
More
I just pre ordered the 10.5 32gb version from Best buy, I wonder how they pulled the exclusive with the 32gb. I'm in the process of putting some sample files on a flash drive to test on one of the display models. Best buy also has the bronze and white book covers for 39.99 rather than 69.99. Glad I decided to wait for the release and didn't open my Note Pro, it's already on it's way back to Samsung.

Edit: So I went and tested two video files at the local Best Buy, Pacific Rim 1080p 12gb mkv high encoding 19 quality and Timescapes mp4 2560x1440. The picture on this tablet is amazing especially the nature scenes in the Timescapes file. The stock player was able to player both files with no skips or jitters.
Last edited by Jadefalkon; 15th June 2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added info
14th June 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 15

117 posts
I pre ordered the 8.4 from Future Shop (Canada). I am keeping my Note Pro 12.2 as my home unit, the 8.4 as my traveler (Read in bed) and Nexus 5 as my phone. I have no problems with a 16 gig unit. I used the savings and bought a 64 gig microsd. After being burned by Samsung in the past ie.. software updates and coming from a Nexus background I was hesitant to purchase the 12.2 but I have to admit that it has been a nice experience. The first tablet I haven't bothered to root. I think the 8.4 will be even better. Of course I will be keeping my eyes on this year's Google IO conference just in case they mythical Google 8 is announced. I just need to find a case and glass screen protector.
15th June 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 14

78 posts
Sign I am really tempted by this new tab
Especially since I sold my Nexus 7 2013 FHD, I really would like to replace that with the new 8.4 Tab S. I miss reading books and browsing the web on my couch or bed. I don't really care for the aesthetics mainly due to the placement of the buttons, it's just weird having the phone layout of buttons on a huge tablet, I prefer to have them on the sides of the device. Not a deal breaker though. I'm just torn on whether to buy this 8.4 through amazon as I have a gift card there for 300 bucks or save a little more and wait for the new Nexus 8 or Nexus 10 if they ever announce them. I have a galaxy note 3 and being a phablet I thought it would be sufficient enough in size to not miss my nexus 7 but I was wrong. The one thing I hate about Samsung is the bloatware and difficulty in rooting the device due to knox and voiding the warranty. I'd prefer to wait for a tablet using either the tegra 4 K1(32 bit) chip or the tegra k1 (64 bit) chip because the games on it would be fabulous, but like I said I am just itching to replace my tablet I dearly miss and this samsung galaxy tab S looks very promising...Woe me
15th June 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 56

448 posts
for some reason the smartwatches here in bahrain and saudi are more expensive than in the US but the phones and phablets are cheaper, wonder which range this tab s prices will be here
15th June 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
I preordered this online on bestbuy (in canada) because when I went to do it in stores their system didn't let them help me. is this normal? anyway if you preorder from bestbuy canada they give you the folio case for free as well I believe and theres a lexar 64gb thats on sale for 70 bucks off until the 19th...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread