Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Need Help] HDX 7" suspend at grey kindle logo

Tip us?

KindleHDX7hg
Old
(Last edited by KindleHDX7hg; 18th June 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] [Need Help] HDX 7" suspend at grey kindle logo

Hi pros! First i'm sorry because i'm very bad english
My Kindle HDX 7" is suspend at grey kindle logo after i wipe all to install new rom. But new rom error, HDX can't install this rom. Then i reboot it suspend at kindle logo
Help me plzzzz

Sorry. The logo is white "kindle fire" not grey "kindle"

Faznx92
Old
(Last edited by Faznx92; 16th June 2014 at 07:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleHDX7hg View Post
Hi pros! First i'm sorry because i'm very bad english
My Kindle HDX 7" is suspend at grey kindle logo after i wipe all to install new rom. But new rom error, HDX can't install this rom. Then i reboot it suspend at kindle logo
Help me plzzzz
I hope you didn't wipe your stock rom... because that bricks the hdx.
Try to unbrick it. More then likely you will need to return it to Amazon or wait and pray we find a way to fix it. Other members please help.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss
The Following User Says Thank You to Faznx92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimyv
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92 View Post
I hope you didn't wipe your stock rom... because that bricks the hdx.
Try to unbrick it. More then likey you will need to try to return it Amazon or wait and pray we find a way to fix it. Other members please help.
I agree if u wiped your stock slot without a backup or a good rom to flash on it and you attempted to reboot after you wiped the system in stock...sorry but as far as I know there is no fix for you at least not as of yet. That's why safestrap was developed so you could apply an extra partition to boot system and data from to eliminate screwing up the stock os because currently we do not have a working fastboot or unlocked bl... again thanks to amazon locked ecosystem and lack of thorough research...another warranty claim.. another brick on the wall
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,321

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, I haven't seen a response, so need more info. What exactly did you wipe & how? Did you, or do you, have safestrap installed? Sometimes the issue is that it mounts system to perform functions & never unmounts, so you can;t install anything until you use adb to remount or reboot. I need to know exactly what you did & exactly what you had installed & what version of FW you were using to tell you anything.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

The Following User Says Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KindleHDX7hg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks all for reply. I hope some one can help me

KindleHDX7hg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
Yeah, I haven't seen a response, so need more info. What exactly did you wipe & how? Did you, or do you, have safestrap installed? Sometimes the issue is that it mounts system to perform functions & never unmounts, so you can;t install anything until you use adb to remount or reboot. I need to know exactly what you did & exactly what you had installed & what version of FW you were using to tell you anything.
Hi Gsleon
My Kindle HDX current use aosp rom v2 and i wipe it to install FireHydrant rom. I boot to recovery (in the screen to choose pick recovery or contineus. I see safestrap: Disable) then choose wipe-> advand wipe-> i pick all options. Then i come back and install FireHydrant rom. But FireHydrant installer error, i can't install it. Versions of my HDX7 is 13.3.1.0. I try connect my hdx to pc but mtp can't connect Plz tell me how to fix it i'm very noob. Tks you

jimyv
Old
(Last edited by jimyv; 17th June 2014 at 05:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 127
Default still

Quote:
Hi Gsleon
My Kindle HDX current use aosp rom v2 and i wipe it to install FireHydrant rom. I boot to recovery (in the screen to choose pick recovery or contineus. I see safestrap: Disable) then choose wipe-> advand wipe-> i pick all options. Then i come back and install FireHydrant rom. But FireHydrant installer error, i can't install it. Versions of my HDX7 is 13.3.1.0. I try connect my hdx to pc but mtp can't connect Plz tell me how to fix it i'm very noob. Tks you
If you had to read the fire hydrant thread at last at least the last page or two you would know that it is a nonfunctioning Rom.. But if you still have safestrap cycling when you reboot there may be a way to push Hashcodes stock base to SDcard ... Why would you attempt to install anything to your stock slot? That is why we have safestrap because we have no fast boot ability . Or if you did not wipe your stock slot you should be able to activate it and boot up stock.
It's Free
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,321

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv View Post
If you had to read the fire hydrant thread at last at least the last page or two you would know that it is a nonfunctioning Rom.. But if you still have safestrap cycling when you reboot there may be a way to push Hashcodes stock base to SDcard ... Why would you attempt to install anything to your stock slot? That is why we have safestrap because we have no fast boot ability . Or if you did not wipe your stock slot you should be able to activate it and boot up stock.
So, is that what you are saying? You disabled Safestrap & then went to wipe? I didn't think you could wipe stock, at least not from the later versions of Safestrap.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

KindleHDX7hg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv View Post
Hi jimyv!
I don't know i installed aosp rom to stock slot or other slot i'm newbie How to check stock slot have or haven't? and how to activate it and boot up stock? can tell me step by step?
Tks you

jimyv
Old
(Last edited by jimyv; 25th June 2014 at 12:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 127
Thumbs up have u read this OP?

Quote:
Hi jimyv!
I don't know i installed aosp rom to stock slot or other slot i'm newbie How to check stock slot have or haven't? and how to activate it and boot up stock? can tell me step by step?
Tks you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2556677 check this out if you have anymore questions let me know. OP meaning whole first post explaining everything how to,to.downloads ..read thoroughly
It's Free