Post Reply

Browser that has true text reflow, pie control, and flash support

6th April 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Does such a browser exist?

Looking for true text reflow, not that double tap zoom... But where you zoom in manually and it keeps reflowing text to show up on the screen.

-Looking for flash support in the browser with 4.4.x

-Looking for pie controls like the AOSP browser has in the labs section.


Any advice?
7th April 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,659
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Not sure, but have you checked out Firefox? It supports add-ons and it has text reflow.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
9th April 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #3  
jaime4272's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 9
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
I use dolphin browser and it works with pie and does run flash too
11th April 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime4272

I use dolphin browser and it works with pie and does run flash too

Are you sure it has the same pie feature as aosp browser? Also known as quick controls?
Last edited by CCJ22; 11th April 2014 at 05:15 AM.
11th April 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #5  
jaime4272's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 9
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
We'll I use pie from gravitybox settings from expose framework module but I don't think dolphin it self has does capabilities.
22nd April 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
839 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Not sure, but have you checked out Firefox? It supports add-ons and it has text reflow.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

no text reflow in firefox, its removed. a shame really...
22nd April 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,659
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiemc

no text reflow in firefox, its removed. a shame really...

What...

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
839 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

What...

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Try on latest CM11 and you'll see
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/01...t-coming-back/
It's a shame..
22nd April 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #9  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,659
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiemc

Try on latest CM11 and you'll see
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/01...t-coming-back/
It's a shame..

Well... that's disappointing! Didn't see that one coming...

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
I'm exactly searching for the same thing... Text reflow, Flash and pie control (quick control).
I don't understand why the others browsers doesn't have those essentials features...

Any ideas ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CCJ22

Does such a browser exist?

Looking for true text reflow, not that double tap zoom... But where you zoom in manually and it keeps reflowing text to show up on the screen.

-Looking for flash support in the browser with 4.4.x

-Looking for pie controls like the AOSP browser has in the labs section.


Any advice?


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes