Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

front glass getting unglued.

Tip us?

Pannam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default front glass getting unglued.

Hi guys!
My front glass is coming off. I am not under warranty. Have any of you faced such issue and resolved it by yourself?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannam View Post
Hi guys!
My front glass is coming off. I am not under warranty. Have any of you faced such issue and resolved it by yourself?
Not seen any one post with that issue on the front glass on the ZU. Think a few had this on the Z?

I would try to warm the front glass with a hear-drier and press back down, it may work...
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

fastest83
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I had that problem on the back glass of my first Ultra, like 10/20 days from day one.
I fuc*ed up that phone pretty bad software wise at the point that it didn't even boot, so they changed it on warranty, removing the problem with the glass.
Be careful with the hairdryer, because between the aluminium and the glass there's a little white or black plastic bezel, which WILL burn if you stick the hairdryer near it for too long.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Pannam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanx guyz
Well the hair dryer solution seems to work. The glass is back in its place. Been two days and so far so good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pannam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]