Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 54,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Application - Story Album

Tip us?

Atul Kaji
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Application - Story Album

Is there any chance to install Story Album application of S4/ Galaxy Mega to our Note?

I obtained application files by googling, put it to system/app but found not working. Tried also by putting it to app folder in preload and data folders but useless.

Does it require android 4.2.2 ?

Regards,

akhil093
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Yes.. Bro.. We cannot run these apps on android 4.1.2 : Story album, Travel Service & Widget and Flip Magazine.. These apps are pre-installed on Samsung Stock android 4.2.2 or 4.3 .. Actually these apps are deeply integrated with the Framework (framework-res) , Touchwiz (SecLauncher.apk) and Statusbar (systemui.apk).. And if you try to put these apks of S4 or Mega then they are useless becoz the components required in the framework are missing in Android 4.1.2 and we can't even mod these apps becoz we have to make changes in both... app and framework..and here no one is professional Samsung firmware developer.. So wait for this Good news.. that Samsung is releasing out its Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 for Note ..
The Following User Says Thank You to akhil093 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Atul Kaji
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks for the reply!! May be some developer can port this to android 4.1.2, otherwise we need to wait till Samsung comes with update..

Regards,

donsyed30
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default storyalbum on google playstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul Kaji View Post
Is there any chance to install Story Album application of S4/ Galaxy Mega to our Note?

I obtained application files by googling, put it to system/app but found not working. Tried also by putting it to app folder in preload and data folders but useless.

Does it require android 4.2.2 ?

Regards,
hi story album is now available on google playstore by "turtledove studios". u can try it on note.i have personally tried it on my htc. its nice and exact same as the one in s4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10385078_10203108575189302_453297263_n.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	2782448  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donsyed30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Atul Kaji
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil093 View Post
If you tried it.. then please..can you upload its apk here in this thread ?...since its a paid app on play store.. sharing is caring..
Thanks in advance..
I doubt if this works exactly like the one in S3 or Mega. Pl. the memory - just 1.4 MB (compared to about 40 MB). Also, read the following mail-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761475

Regards,

donsyed30
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default atul kaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul Kaji View Post
I doubt if this works exactly like the one in S3 or Mega. Pl. the memory - just 1.4 MB (compared to about 40 MB). Also, read the following mail-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2761475

Regards,

u can check the screenshots and the promo video to clear your doubts bro.its exactly same as that of s4 or note 3.

abhiparab23
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Yes.. Bro.. We cannot run these apps on android 4.1.2 : Story album, Travel Service & Widget and Flip Magazine.. These apps are pre-installed on Samsung Stock android 4.2.2 or 4.3 .. Actually these apps are deeply integrated with the Framework (framework-res) , Touchwiz (SecLauncher.apk) and Statusbar (systemui.apk).. And if you try to put these apks of S4 or Mega then they are useless becoz the components required in the framework are missing in Android 4.1.2 and we can't even mod these apps becoz we have to make changes in both... app and framework..and here no one is professional Samsung firmware developer.. So wait for this Good news.. that Samsung is releasing out its Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 for Note ..
I don't think there will b any further updates for our phone

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

donsyed30
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default storyalbum

Quote:
you can try the story album on play store by" turtledove studios" my friend.it works on all platforms from 4.1 to 4.4.2. it doesnt require touchwiz or s4 framework

xMorpheus
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
plss..can anyone post the apk of turtledove's story album here ?
Posting paid apks is warez and against the rules. Please do not make such requests

xMorpheus
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
It's none of your business.
It is my business and it should be yours too since you are in a developers' community. Asking for warez is against the rule and being rude is stupid. Please do check the rules and your attitude along with that
You should understand why it is wrong since your profile says you are apparently a developer. Having your work stolen will hurt won't it? So dont steal theirs