Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Will you be using a case with your G3?
Yes 53 69.74%
No 23 30.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Will you be using a case on your G3?

Tip us?

geoff5093
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 183
Default Will you be using a case on your G3?

If/when you get the G3, will you put it in a case immediately?

I used to never use cases until I dropped and cracked my Note 2, so now I've always used cases. I didn't mind using one on the G2 since the back was a glossy, slippery plastic and I didn't care for it, but the G3 looks awesome and I'd hate to cover it up.

USFguy
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post

I used to never use cases until I dropped and cracked my Note 2, so now I've always used cases. I didn't mind using one on the G2 since the back was a glossy, slippery plastic and I didn't care for it, but the G3 looks awesome and I'd hate to cover it up.
I plan on 2 cases, 1 minimal case for everyday and 1 dual layer for when I know it'll be more likely to take a tumble.

badelemental
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:

I always use a case to protect the phone. It actually increases the resell value as the phone seems like new after removal of case.
The Following User Says Thank You to badelemental For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

immaeetuu
Old
Thanks Meter 24
LG made a case for the G3 that enhances the use of QuickCircle™. QuickCircle is basically the use of widgets without turning the whole screen on which can save (very little) battery.

Since my description is horrible, here is a video of it posted by LG themselves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVtZAPjOcBI

DiamondJay20
Old
Thanks Meter 100
case, possibly a mophie if that 3000mAh can't handle the 4k too well, and if it does, then Incipio. I'm not a fan of otterboxes. Both because I don't ever wanna spend 100+ to repair a cracked anything: I like my phone DAPPER. Also for resell value as well. Thats how I buy new ones.
Phones: Samsung N400->Kyocera 2345->Nokia 6225->Samsung M500->Samsung Sync->Samsung Blackjack->Blackjack II->Blackberry Curve 8300->Samsung Epix->Blackjack II->BB Bold 9000->BB Bold 9700->LG Phoenix->BB Torch 9800->HTC Inspire 4G->Motorola Atrix 4G->Motorola Photon->iPhone 4S->Motorola Photon->SPH-L710 Samsung Galaxy S3->Motorola Photon->SGH-T999 Samsung Galaxy S3->SGH-I747 Samsung Galaxy S3->D850 LG G3

Tablets: Toshiba Thrive->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1->Asus Nexus 7 2013

Multicores
Old
Thanks Meter 35
If I do end up getting a G3, I'll certainly get a case. If I were to guess, a case has saved my Nexus 4 at least twice.
Android application developer in process of learning

Patiently waiting for L release/ports
Nexus 4 (Mako) 16GB - Paranoid Android + Hells Doctor Kernel + TWRP
Nexus 7 (Flo) 16GB - Paranoid Android + TWRP

ikenvape
Old
Thanks Meter 265
I had seen in a background of one of the summary videos a Tridant stand with an array of different colors. Though Tridant does make pretty thick cases so I'll probably stay away from it. Definitely looking for something with a slim design. Probably get another Diztronic

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 80
I dont why I dont like the round back of the g3 amazing device and specs but the rounded back feels and looks bad in my point of view.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

tacotester1
Old
(Last edited by tacotester1; 28th May 2014 at 09:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

I saw these cases I've used a poetic case for one of my previous devices it worked out pretty well
its on of the first G3 cases ive seen.

defiantbeast
Old
Thanks Meter 18
No case why ruin the look of that baby with a case

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to defiantbeast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]