Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Will you be using a case with your G3?
Yes 55 68.75%
No 25 31.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Will you be using a case on your G3?

OP geoff5093

21st May 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Goffstown, NH
Thanks Meter: 264

1,168 posts
More
If/when you get the G3, will you put it in a case immediately?

I used to never use cases until I dropped and cracked my Note 2, so now I've always used cases. I didn't mind using one on the G2 since the back was a glossy, slippery plastic and I didn't care for it, but the G3 looks awesome and I'd hate to cover it up.
21st May 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 40

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093

I used to never use cases until I dropped and cracked my Note 2, so now I've always used cases. I didn't mind using one on the G2 since the back was a glossy, slippery plastic and I didn't care for it, but the G3 looks awesome and I'd hate to cover it up.

I plan on 2 cases, 1 minimal case for everyday and 1 dual layer for when I know it'll be more likely to take a tumble.
21st May 2014, 08:24 AM   |  #3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 111

639 posts
More
Quote:

I always use a case to protect the phone. It actually increases the resell value as the phone seems like new after removal of case.
The Following User Says Thank You to badelemental For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 30

112 posts
More
LG made a case for the G3 that enhances the use of QuickCircle™. QuickCircle is basically the use of widgets without turning the whole screen on which can save (very little) battery.

Since my description is horrible, here is a video of it posted by LG themselves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVtZAPjOcBI
26th May 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 102

435 posts
More
case, possibly a mophie if that 3000mAh can't handle the 4k too well, and if it does, then Incipio. I'm not a fan of otterboxes. Both because I don't ever wanna spend 100+ to repair a cracked anything: I like my phone DAPPER. Also for resell value as well. Thats how I buy new ones.
28th May 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 36

405 posts
More
If I do end up getting a G3, I'll certainly get a case. If I were to guess, a case has saved my Nexus 4 at least twice.
28th May 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #7  
East PA
Thanks Meter: 286

509 posts
I had seen in a background of one of the summary videos a Tridant stand with an array of different colors. Though Tridant does make pretty thick cases so I'll probably stay away from it. Definitely looking for something with a slim design. Probably get another Diztronic
28th May 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #8  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 91

943 posts
More
I dont why I dont like the round back of the g3 amazing device and specs but the rounded back feels and looks bad in my point of view.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag east l a
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Video
Quote:

I saw these cases I've used a poetic case for one of my previous devices it worked out pretty well
its on of the first G3 cases ive seen.
Last edited by tacotester1; 28th May 2014 at 10:48 PM.
29th May 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 18

45 posts
No case why ruin the look of that baby with a case

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to defiantbeast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread