Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Swap G3 battery for G Pro 2 battery?

OP adrian_nene16

12th June 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Hello, if any user have a g pro 2 and g3 can you ckeck if you can swap batteries and see if the lg g pro 2 battery fits in the lg g3? Would be nice to know because i consider myself as a heavy user, even though my G2 last me the whole day, g pro 2 has a 3200 mah and might help a bit if any of the current g3 owner has battery life issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LG-G3-battery.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	2793370   Click image for larger version

Name:	pro2.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	2793371  
12th June 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_nene16

Hello, if any user have a g pro 2 and g3 can you ckeck if you can swap batteries and see if the lg g pro 2 battery fits in the lg g3? Would be nice to know because i consider myself as a heavy user, even though my G2 last me the whole day, g pro 2 has a 3200 mah and might help a bit if any of the current g3 owner has battery life issues.

Seeing as how the 3000 mah in the G3 was redesigned I doubt it'd be compatiable and if it is I'd say the 3200 from the g2 would last LESS than the 3000 included with the G3
12th June 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by USFguy

Seeing as how the 3000 mah in the G3 was redesigned I doubt it'd be compatiable and if it is I'd say the 3200 from the g2 would last LESS than the 3000 included with the G3

This is more likely to be a false statement as the capacity determines everything in the battery technology with same material.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,036
 
2,634 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud0902

This is more likely to be a false statement as the capacity determines everything in the battery technology with same material.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Its also not the same material... Lg replaced the metal in the battery with graphite.... Totally different type battery but go ahead and try though...it probably won't fit is my guess looks wider.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
14th June 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 364
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Not a chance... I have both phones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hendrickson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrickson

Not a chance... I have both phones.

Thank you for the picture and letting us know!
18th June 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 282
 
1,882 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2006
More
BTW, what is the model of the battery?
25th June 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Does anyone know if corean and international batteries are the same? I like that charger that comes with the corean model a lot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes