Sony XPERIA Z2 versus HTC One M8 - which one is better for you?
I got two 204 flagships to my hand so i try to make small comparision. Both phone have very similar specifications, but every manufacturer make it by own way and result is good for us, for normal users, because we can choose mobile phone which we like and with functions we need. Which differences i see between this phones?
- construction is excelent on both phones, very luxury
- i prefer construkction HTC One M8, but XPERIA Z2 is waterproof
- SIM slot on XPERIA Z2 (and other XPERIA phones) is terrible
- but XPERIA Z2 has better lock button and dedicated camera button
- displays both phones are very good
- HTC One M8 has much better stereospeakers
- both phone have powerfull quadcore Qualcomm procesors, NFC, LTE, GPS etc...
- only XPERIA Z2 have 3 GB RAM and can record 4K videos
- only HTC One M8 have IR to control your devices
- XPERIA Z2 have larger battery, 3200 mAh is much more than 2600 mAh
- both phone have Android 4.4.2 KitKat and very hight price...
For me there is no winner in this comparision. Both phones have own advantages and your decision depend on yours preferences... What is more important for you? IR, good stereo speakers and excelent construction or waterproof, huge battery and 3 GB RAM with 4K video recording?
If i help you, hit thx button. If i help you much, donate to buy new devices...
I've traded in my M8 for the Z2, which I had for about 2 weeks, I've been a long time SONY user with some ventures to Motorola and HTC, companies I personally like, so here it is:
- Sense for me is worse than XPERIA UI, it has less customization options, some navigation logic is frankly stupid and media apps on XPERIA are better (WALKMAN and Album namely)
- My M8's camera app would constantly crash when I would use manual mode and set the shutter speed etc, kind of an 8 out of 10 times kinda crash, not cool.
- Duo Camera a simple gimmick as BG Defocus on Sony anyway...
- Bad camera in daylight, overexposure up the a**
+ Sound quality trough speakers and headphones is simply astonishing on the M8, really...it's bar none THE BEST!
+ In hand feel is slightly better
- 14W17 production batch, I have a slightly off center back camera. O_O but it's just a nitpick really as is does not affect IQ
- Kind of a buggy software in some places, especially camera app.
- Audio jack placement
- It heats up way more than my ex Z Ultra did while doing same stuff like installing multiple apps from Market or downloading while music library info and album art
+ Waterproof/Dust resistant
+ Noise Canceling is really effective
+ Good camera results
+ Sony Smart Camera Apps gives a lot of fun chioces
+ Better battery life
+ Larger plus slightly better display
I took all these and summed up so It resulted in me trading in for the Z2, which I don't regret, not even in the slightest :P
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?