FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

smartwatch 2 bluetooth connection problem

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By shootingzen, Junior Member on 19th October 2013, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi please can someone help or has anyone came across a simular problem? I received my sw2 yesterday and followed all the installation procedures and upgrades to relevant software on my Sony xperia z1. All that happens now is the watch connects and disconnects every 10 seconds and will not stay connected for long periods of time. All the apps have uploaded to the watch emails Facebook etc but even those only work briefly until the bluetooth disconnects.

I have gone through all the settings on the phone and watch so am left thinking that there must be something wrong with either the phone or watch.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
 
 
19th October 2013, 02:15 PM |#2  
Captain Splash's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
I've had mine for 2 weeks and I've not had any problems. Are you running a custom ROM? Does bluetooth work on it if you are? Have connected anything else bluetooth to your phone?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
21st October 2013, 12:07 PM |#3  
marcyff2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Hey,

Received my smartwatch 2 about a week ago, I rooted my phone shortly after that. 4 days later my sw2 starts running the same issue.

I believe it can only be one of 3 things:
-Software upgrade on the watch that currupted the bluetooth connection
-Rooting affected my watch connection to the phone
- I had installed facebook, wich now became almost impossible to uninstal due to the short period of time that i can maintain the watch connected.

If anyone has any solutions i would appreciate the help.
21st October 2013, 03:19 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyff2

If anyone has any solutions i would appreciate the help.

Have you tried with a SW2 factory reset?

To perform a factory data reset:

From the Home screen, find and tap .

Find and tap Reset SmartWatch.

To confirm, tap
21st October 2013, 10:23 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
my phone loose connection with smartphone every few hours, but it connects back within seconds. annoying, but i couldn't find the reason for that.
22nd October 2013, 08:58 AM |#6  
marcyff2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themissionimpossible

Have you tried with a SW2 factory reset?

To perform a factory data reset:

From the Home screen, find and tap.

Find and tap Reset SmartWatch.

To confirm, tap

Hey,

Thanks for the tip had tried that before. Didn't work. Although I have now fixed the issue.

The problem with the smartwatch is that the apps are stored in your phone, but the notifications are not streamed to the watch but actually stored there. this causes the memory of the watch to be full and disconnect the watch from the phone (therefore the constant come out).


So to fix the issue:

- Disconnect your phones bluetooth
- Access the smartwatch app, and on FB and Twitter apps log out.
-reconect the bluetooth and quickly clear the history of all apps in the watch.
- You can log back into FB and Twitter but restrict the notifications to the minimum possible (e.g. when written on your wall, your idols tweets and your crush/loved/best-friend posts)

Every Friday remember to clear the history of your watches apps, to avoid this issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to marcyff2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 02:50 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyff2

Hey,

Thanks for the tip had tried that before. Didn't work. Although I have now fixed the issue.

The problem with the smartwatch is that the apps are stored in your phone, but the notifications are not streamed to the watch but actually stored there. this causes the memory of the watch to be full and disconnect the watch from the phone (therefore the constant come out).


So to fix the issue:

- Disconnect your phones bluetooth
- Access the smartwatch app, and on FB and Twitter apps log out.
-reconect the bluetooth and quickly clear the history of all apps in the watch.
- You can log back into FB and Twitter but restrict the notifications to the minimum possible (e.g. when written on your wall, your idols tweets and your crush/loved/best-friend posts)

Every Friday remember to clear the history of your watches apps, to avoid this issue.

I did everything i read in this particular post. But nothing seems to work. Or maybe i am doing it wrong. But i cant find what is the problem.
Still facing connection issues with my z1
15th July 2014, 08:53 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
My son runs a new SW2 with a Samsung Galaxy Express and is experiencing frequent disconnects. But the SW2 app in the phone says it's connected. Turning Bluetooth off an on again makes the watch connect again. The watch is new and not filled up with notifications. The phone is all stock touchwiz and Android 4.1.2. Thanks for any help!

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk
16th July 2014, 03:10 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuborg68

My son runs a new SW2 with a Samsung Galaxy Express and is experiencing frequent disconnects. But the SW2 app in the phone says it's connected. Turning Bluetooth off an on again makes the watch connect again. The watch is new and not filled up with notifications. The phone is all stock touchwiz and Android 4.1.2. Thanks for any help!

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

For those who are having the bluetooth connection issues, although the issue is not known completely (some say it is due to low watch memory issue and others say it is due to power management apks within high end gadgets resulting in switching the bluetooth connection off for every few seconds), there seems to be a fix and when I followed it, it is working perfectly fine. So the trick is

1. Find the Bluetooth Auto Connect free apk in the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....btautoconnect) or from http://www.appsapk.com/bluetooth-auto-connect/

2. Install it and give sw2 a priority. Vola ! your problem resolves.

What this app does simply is to cling on to the bluetooth connected devices and for any reason they disconnect, this app will try to reconnect again immediately. This apk has a feature to disable bluetooth connection automatically after xx minutes of retries, which is awesome. SInce I installed this apk, I did not face any issues with it.

If I have helped you in anyway, please do hit the thanks button. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vbrsekhar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes