FORUMS

[Q] Why won't the Nook HD flash back to stock?

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Corkerman, Member on 28th June 2014, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This issue has occurred for me as well as for my sister whose Nook I'm trying to get back to stock. It says "Installing update...E:Error in /data/media/NookHD-factory-2.1.1-plainstock.zip (status 6) Installation aborted) This was a new download I just got from Lepinlar. Same thing happens when I tried flashing back to MY 2.2.1 stock before the KitKat OS worked finally. Her Nook runs CWM10 and mine ran CWM11 and I used an 8gig SD card that had previously worked for me before. Thanks guys!!

28th June 2014, 11:17 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,814

Donate to Me
More
What version of CWM are you using? You said you had been using CM11 so you are probably using too new of a version. You need a version older than v6045 to flash the plain stock zips. You can get the older versions at my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature.

Sent from my SM-T900 using XDA Premium HD app
29th June 2014, 06:11 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Melbourne Florida
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

What version of CWM are you using? You said you had been using CM11 so you are probably using too new of a version. You need a version older than v6045 to flash the plain stock zips. You can get the older versions at my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature.

Sent from my SM-T900 using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks that worked!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread