Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange purple tiger stripe pattern in camera

Tip us?

numus
Old
(Last edited by numus; 24th July 2014 at 12:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by numus View Post
I just recently notices this weird purple pattern on my camera in low to moderate light. It just started to happen today... Any ideas?
Well that's a problem that nearly everyone has.. could you please take a picture with the pattern and upload it?

A temporary fix for this is changing your ISO to different settings, but that doesn't always work (didn't work for me, for instance).

The best solution is getting HTC or Sprint to fix your camera/replace your phone as it's a hardware issue apparently, although it seems like it would be a software issue.

numus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
Well that's a problem that nearly everyone has.. could you please take a picture with the pattern and upload it?

A temporary fix for this is changing your ISO to different settings, but that doesn't always work (didn't work for me, for instance).

The best solution is getting HTC or Sprint to fix your camera/replace your phone as it's a hardware issue apparently, although it seems like it would be a software issue.
HTC told me my phone is now "out of warranty" (it may have turned 1 year this month, but I even doubt that)... So even tho they acknowledge it is a defective issue, I have to pay to fix it. Guess they lost another customer to Samsung or LG

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
HTC told me my phone is now "out of warranty" (it may have turned 1 year this month, but I even doubt that)... So even tho they acknowledge it is a defective issue, I have to pay to fix it. Guess they lost another customer to Samsung or LG
Damn, that sucks. Do you know how much you have to pay?

numus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Damn, that sucks. Do you know how much you have to pay?
She is currently working on other solutions. I told her I would be willing to pay a small charge if they can switch it for an M8 at this point.

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
She is currently working on other solutions. I told her I would be willing to pay a small charge if they can switch it for an M8 at this point.
Ah, good luck then. I've never talked to Sprint's customer service but I've read of reviews online and they're apparently terrible, lol.

numus
Old
(Last edited by numus; 26th June 2014 at 04:48 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Ah, good luck then. I've never talked to Sprint's customer service but I've read of reviews online and they're apparently terrible, lol.
Talking to HTC not Sprint

Edit... Looks like HTC lost a long time customer.

prezmater
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
None of the other phone manufacturers are going to fix your phone for free out of warranty. I know you're salty now, but know that switching does no good for your problem in particular.
Enjoy Samsuck. LG make decent phones but they lack in build quality.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

numus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by prezmater View Post
None of the other phone manufacturers are going to fix your phone for free out of warranty. I know you're salty now, but know that switching does no good for your problem in particular.
Enjoy Samsuck. LG make decent phones but they lack in build quality.

HTC has made one lackluster device after another since the original EVO. The HTC One M7 wasn't exactly an amazing device (had a lot of short comings... specifically the camera) and the M8 is just a rehash of the M7... atleast with the S 5 you can install QI with a simple chip under the back cover.

prezmater
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Enjoy Knox

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prezmater For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]