Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mic works after reboot but then stops working after a couple minutes

Tip us?
 
ericmcintire
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 256
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Mic works after reboot but then stops working after a couple minutes

Tried almost everything, can't figure this out. I'm on ViperRom, everything was working fine until a couple days ago. So, my mic stops working after a few minutes... Stops working for phone calls and for recording videos. I test this by making a video right after reboot, records fine, after a few minutes, the video stops recording the audio... Any ideas would be amazing, thanks guys.
 
StormyNight
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 227
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmcintire View Post
Tried almost everything, can't figure this out. I'm on ViperRom, everything was working fine until a couple days ago. So, my mic stops working after a few minutes... Stops working for phone calls and for recording videos. I test this by making a video right after reboot, records fine, after a few minutes, the video stops recording the audio... Any ideas would be amazing, thanks guys.
Have you tried flashing the newest radio?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406330

Flash the latest one in recovery.
 
ericmcintire
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 256
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
Have you tried flashing the newest radio?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406330

Flash the latest one in recovery.
I'll give that a shot and use it tomorrow and see if the problem comes back, thanks.
 
ericmcintire
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 256
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
Have you tried flashing the newest radio?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406330

Flash the latest one in recovery.
New radio didn't help, still no mic after a few minutes following a reboot. Might try a clean install but this is a strange one.
 
StormyNight
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 227
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmcintire View Post
New radio didn't help, still no mic after a few minutes following a reboot. Might try a clean install but this is a strange one.
Hmm.. this is the first time I'm seeing this sort of problem. Try flashing another ROM.
 
JoeNeckbone
Old
#6  
JoeNeckbone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 586
Posts: 668
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Have you flashed any sound mods?

Sent from my sloth powered Inverted ViperONE using Tapatalk 2
 
ericmcintire
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 256
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNeckbone View Post
Have you flashed any sound mods?

Sent from my sloth powered Inverted ViperONE using Tapatalk 2
No, I've left those alone, I'm trying to narrow down what causes the mic to turn off... if it's an app or if it's using the speaker or something, can't figure it out just yet.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes