Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] KFHD 8.9 Red Screen

Tip us?

apparatix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [HELP] KFHD 8.9 Red Screen

Hi all,

First off, this is my first post and I need some help.

Last night I used this thread to successfully get root access on my Kindle Fire HD 8.9".

Then, wanting to install CyanogenMod 10.1 on the Kindle, I tried to install the second bootloader and TWRP Recovery. At this point, the Kindle began to reboot. When it turned on, the Kindle Fire logo appeared, shined a few times, then blank red covered the screen.

I can turn on/turn off the Kindle, but all I see is this red screen. Anything I can do?

I've looked at factory cables, hopefully there are some things I can try before I buy that...?

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2354
A factory cable won't work on the 8.9

Disconnect the USB cable
Turn the device completely off (hold power button for 10 seconds)
Enter: fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
Reconnect the USB cable

As the device powers up, if your fastboot drivers are working properly, the device should boot into fastboot mode. Use it to restore your saved partition images.
The Following User Says Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apparatix
Old
(Last edited by apparatix; 18th August 2013 at 07:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks for reply

Hi soupmagnet,

Where do I enter the command "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product"?

In command prompt on the computer?

EDIT: Self-explanatory It worked perfectly - thanks!

JonnyLawless
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default HAVING SAME PROBLEM KFHD 8.9 2nd Gen RED BOOT.

I have the same problem. Can boot into fast mode with KFFA, but restoring stock settings seem to be Impossible. I have tried to restore with ADB, ADB (Fastboot), KFFA, and KF SRT. No matter what red boot screen will not go away and device can only fastboot. Any help?

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 399

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyLawless View Post
I have the same problem. Can boot into fast mode with KFFA, but restoring stock settings seem to be Impossible. I have tried to restore with ADB, ADB (Fastboot), KFFA, and KF SRT. No matter what red boot screen will not go away and device can only fastboot. Any help?
Red screen is also considered a hard brick. Sometimes restore does not work.

skuie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same happened here

Today I rooted my kindle fire 2nd gen10.4.8 using vroot I also installed a boot loader that as soon as I tried downloading shut my kindle fire down and when I tried unsuccessfully to turn it back on the red kindle fire symbol came for a second and then the careen was red

rmind01
Old
Thanks Meter 2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46154263 follow this and you should all be away from that red screen

Sent from my Amazon Jem using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Future,
HTC DNA
The Past,
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Aria
HTC HD7
HTC HD2
Samsung Vibrant
HTC G1

darkforce81
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default same here but worse

My kindle is rooted and when i flahsed a recovery it asked if i wanted to boot into recovery after i said yes then when it booted the kindle fire logo appeared for about 1 second then a red screen slid in from the side now it wont boot into recovery fastboot or normal mode and i have reinstalled kindle drivers several times as well as fastboot.exe and also adb.exe and nothing works the computer sees it for 3 seconds if i hold power volume down but then it goes to red screen

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
You need to run this on the computer: fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
Once it says waiting for device, plug the kindle in while it is off, if the bootloader isn't too damaged it should kick into fastboot. Hopefully you also installed the fastboot drivers previously or your best bet might be a Linux live distro like Ubuntu.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

darkforce81
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
You need to run this on the computer: fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
Once it says waiting for device, plug the kindle in while it is off, if the bootloader isn't too damaged it should kick into fastboot. Hopefully you also installed the fastboot drivers previously or your best bet might be a Linux live distro like Ubuntu.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
fastboot doesn't recognize if there is a way to fix this or a way to keep the kindle connected for more then 3 seconds i would appreciate it