Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s5 stock rom on galaxy note 2?

Tip us?

MAGAZINEBRIAN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb [Q] s5 stock rom on galaxy note 2?

Hi could someone point me in the right direction I have a note 3 and put a stock s5 rom in it....love it guys I am now looking to do the same for my partners galaxy note 2 I'm having trouble finding links any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DiogoCV
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi there!
There is no "Stock so kitkat ROM" for note 2.
There is custom roms based on Stock kitkat for note 2 with full s5 experience.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...S5 Experience]

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

MAGAZINEBRIAN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you buddy. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAZINEBRIAN View Post
Thank you buddy. :thumbup:

Is your buddy's phone GT N7100 or GT N7105 cause the link above is for the LTE edition of note II(N7105).If your buddy has GT N7100 don't flash that ROM. Look here for the ROMs available with S5 UI and ported apps 4.4.2 kk with s5 ui/apps and note 3 apps/gestures

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogoCV View Post
Hi there!
There is no "Stock so kitkat ROM" for note 2.
There is custom roms based on Stock kitkat for note 2 with full s5 experience.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...S5 Experience]

Appreciate you trying to help but get all the information first from the user asking for help.You didn't ask him which phone does his partner have.You just assumed it's GT N7105 what if it's N7100 then flashing this ROM wouldn't give him network or worse break something and he would have to do more steps to get it working again.So please don't just post without making sure the link you give will not ruin a person's device.Although everything on xda is "try at your own risk" but doesn't mean one doesn't take precautions while helping others.Just a humble request.
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DiogoCV
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
Is your buddy's phone GT N7100 or GT N7105 cause the link above is for the LTE edition of note II(N7105).If your buddy has GT N7100 don't flash that ROM. Look here for the ROMs available with S5 UI and ported apps 4.4.2 kk with s5 ui/apps and note 3 apps/gestures

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Appreciate you trying to help but get all the information first from the user asking for help.You didn't ask him which phone does his partner have.You just assumed it's GT N7105 what if it's N7100 then flashing this ROM wouldn't give him network or worse break something and he would have to do more steps to get it working again.So please don't just post without making sure the link you give will not ruin a person's device.Although everything on xda is "try at your own risk" but doesn't mean one doesn't take precautions while helping others.Just a humble request.
I'm truly sorry, that's true, I don't know how could I have not thought that tiny and extremely important detail.

It won't happen again.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to DiogoCV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MAGAZINEBRIAN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Hey sorry it's the lte version but towelroot isn't working on it I used towelroot on my note 3 and it worked......anyone have a link for towelroot v2? ??