Exclamation cant reinstall Google Search

OP NakedFaerie

7th June 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56

193 posts
More
Hi, I've got a problem I cant fix.
I wanted to downgrade Google Search so I uninstalled updates and it went back to stock. I then installed the version I wanted. v3.1
Now, this is my problem. I DONT want it to show in Google Play as an update so I tried to make a updated APK like I have with many other apps where I like older versions.
Now I used Lucky Patcher and that didn't like making the modded APK but it did back a backup. So I clicked RESTORE BACKUP. and guess what? It deleted the app instead of restoring it.
Now when I try to install it from either any APK or even directly from Google Play it keeps saying the device is full and fails to install.
I have over 1GB free. I've deleted about 10 apps and still keeps saying device is full. I've reinstalled those 10 apps and they fit and install without problems and I still have over 1GB free.

HOW do i get Google Search reinstalled? I dont want to reflash it as I will loose ROOT and that was a big enough bitch to install the first time.
I have a stock recovery menu. Rooted Galaxy S4 i9505 4.3 official firmware.

I did delete delvik cache and the cache in recovery menu.

I cant find any other ways to restore it? I tried titanium backup with the backup I have of it but that never ends when I click restore. It doesn't finish, doesn't do anything just sits there saying its restoring but never stops still I kill it even after 30 mins it was still restoring.

Anyone??
I did try Titanium Backup and made a update.zip and that fails both from SDCARD and ADB as its not signed and its stock recovery.
Do I have to install a custom recovery? Can I use the one I used with 4.2.2 or do I have to get a 4.3 version? That was i9505-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.2-4.tar
8th June 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

193 posts
More
Anyone?
I'm stumped. I dont have a clue whats going on and why it wont install and why its saying its full when its got 1GB free.
8th June 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #3  
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 226

409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedFaerie

Hi, I've got a problem I cant fix.
I wanted to downgrade Google Search so I uninstalled updates and it went back to stock. I then installed the version I wanted. v3.1
Now, this is my problem. I DONT want it to show in Google Play as an update so I tried to make a updated APK like I have with many other apps where I like older versions.
Now I used Lucky Patcher and that didn't like making the modded APK but it did back a backup. So I clicked RESTORE BACKUP. and guess what? It deleted the app instead of restoring it.
Now when I try to install it from either any APK or even directly from Google Play it keeps saying the device is full and fails to install.
I have over 1GB free. I've deleted about 10 apps and still keeps saying device is full. I've reinstalled those 10 apps and they fit and install without problems and I still have over 1GB free.

HOW do i get Google Search reinstalled? I dont want to reflash it as I will loose ROOT and that was a big enough bitch to install the first time.
I have a stock recovery menu. Rooted Galaxy S4 i9505 4.3 official firmware.

I did delete delvik cache and the cache in recovery menu.

I cant find any other ways to restore it? I tried titanium backup with the backup I have of it but that never ends when I click restore. It doesn't finish, doesn't do anything just sits there saying its restoring but never stops still I kill it even after 30 mins it was still restoring.

Anyone??
I did try Titanium Backup and made a update.zip and that fails both from SDCARD and ADB as its not signed and its stock recovery.
Do I have to install a custom recovery? Can I use the one I used with 4.2.2 or do I have to get a 4.3 version? That was i9505-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.2-4.tar

Im be honest with you
Happened to me once and unfortunately solved by flashing stock again
The Following User Says Thank You to RubbaBand For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbaBand

Im be honest with you

Thanks for the reply.
Was hoping not to do that.
BUT, everything still works without it anyway and as it stole the use of my Bluetooth button it wont be missed but I do like the Google Now alerts.
What happened with me was the latest few versions stole the link to the bluetooth button. Before when you pressed the button you had the option of S-Voice or Google Search and now the newer versions dont have that option and always use Google Search and you have no way to revert back to S-Voice. I had Google Search disabled for a while but I want to use Google Now so I need the app but not the new version so an old version works fine. I think the last is 3.1? I didn't try 3.2 but I know 3.4 has that forced Google Search now.
12th June 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbaBand

Im be honest with you

I got it installed and fixed a few other apps at the same time.
I went to root /data/data and found the google search was a 0kb file so I deleted it and it installed fine after that. I also had a few other apps that were playing up so I deleted those folders and they now install and work fine.
So in the end no need to reflash just remove the corrupt files and its all fixed.

I did find out Google Search 3.3 is the last of the good versions, 3.4 is when it steals your bluetooth's connection and uses it for its own without letting you choose default.
As S-Voice is a Samsung feature those not with a Samsung phone wont care but those like me that use S-Voice will be annoyed that the latest Google Search removes the choice. I recommend to disable so it goes back to default version then get v3.3 and install that and use an app to remove it from updating in Google Play then all will be good.
12th June 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Rutten
Thanks Meter: 121

477 posts
Donate to Me
More
it's solved right?
but anyway maybe you could try to flash gapps . Don't now if it will works but i good to try anyway ;D
12th June 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #7  
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 278

483 posts
More
Quote:

Anyone?
I'm stumped. I dont have a clue whats going on and why it wont install and why its saying its full when its got 1GB free.

When uninstalling on stock, you only delete apk file. You have also to delete corresponding odex odex file in system/
Then, you have to remove also corresponding folder in system/data/data
Then, you can try to reinstall the app.
13th June 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrusconsult

When uninstalling on stock, you only delete apk file. You have also to delete corresponding odex odex file in system/
Then, you have to remove also corresponding folder in system/data/data
Then, you can try to reinstall the app.

I fixed it. There was a corrupt file in /data/data and as soon as I deleted it, it finally installed fine after that.
Now trying to stop Google Play from upgrading and also removing it from the update list is another problem.
13th June 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #9  
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 278

483 posts
More
Quote:

I fixed it. There was a corrupt file in /data/data and as soon as I deleted it, it finally installed fine after that.
Now trying to stop Google Play from upgrading and also removing it from the update list is another problem.

You have to enter the GPlay Shop's setting and disabla autoupdate.
13th June 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrusconsult

You have to enter the GPlay Shop's setting and disabla autoupdate.

I do that and it doesn't work with Titanium Backup.
I want to remove it completely so it doesnt even see it in the Google play store.
In Titanium Backup you can remove it from Google Play but that option doesn't work as I've had it removed twice and its updated both times.
So far its working. I've turned it into a user app and removed it from the store and its not updated yet but I will give it till tomorrow and if it auto updated like the last 2 times I will just uninstall it again and not use it. Its more trouble than its worth anyway.
Last edited by NakedFaerie; 13th June 2014 at 02:54 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread