Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [2.3+] Full Screen Pic Picture Viewer

Tip us?

cb56
Old
(Last edited by cb56; 29th June 2014 at 12:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Thumbs up [APP] [2.3+] Full Screen Pic Picture Viewer

Full Screen Pic Picture Viewer

Special offer for forum users

You can try this special forum version with no limit to the number of consecutive Pictures displayed in Full Screen Mode.

This version will run until the end of summer.

Download here: FullScreenPic 4.2 Special forum version

3 new Widgets that you can add to home screen: 2x1, 3x2 and 4x3

The new image viewer plus the unique Full Screen Option: you can see your photos in full screen, without the annoying stripes on the sides.

This application resizes your photos without distorting them: much more than a standard image viewer!

Main functions:

.viewing Pics faster than the standard Gallery and other popular App...

.the Full Screen Option can be disabled so you can use the App as a Standard Image Viewer

.New: KITKAT Immersive Mode for devices with software keys (Hide Navigation Bar for Full Screen Pics)

.ability to set the Wallpaper of the Home Screen with the Full Screen Pic, you can also enlarge the Pic to fit the screen size; process WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) is used

.3 Widgets (2x1, 3x2 and 4x3) that you can add to home screen and configure with independent pics & actions

.easy toggle pic size with double tap

.ability to add your favorite folders excluding those that contain unwanted images

.thumbnails navigation

.open last viewed folder

.start Google Maps and Google Earth by Coordinates or close Address

.view File information, ExIf data and GPS tags and Copy to Clipboard

.slide show

.share pics with friends

.sort filelist in various ways, also by ExIf Camera Data

.clear History of viewed folders

.many configuration options

To deepen:

In still camera photography, the most common aspect ratios are 4:3 and 3:2, closer to a square shape and suitable for printing.

However, many mobile devices, tablets, laptops, desktop monitors and TVs have an aspect ratio of 16:9 or 16:10, closer to a rectangular shape and suitable for movies.

When 4:3 or 3:2 images are displayed on a 16:9 or 16:10 device, two stips are shown on the sides of the screen and the image remains smaller.

This App solves the problem by adapting by default the image to the size of the device.

Review on xda-developers Portal

Of course, the top and the bottom of the image are slightly cut but in most cases this is not a big problem and you can however see the original image with a double tap.

In case of photos of people where may be cut off heads or feet, you could turn off the full screen display and use the app as a regular photo viewer.

If your device supports it, you can connect it to the TV with an HDMI cable and enjoy your pictures in Full Screen.

Of course some mobile devices can be set to take pictures in 16:9 format but this format is not suitable for printing and does not use the sensor completely (less megapixels) so this is not a good solution.

The Lite version is limited to 15 consecutive Full Screen Pics and is made in order to evaluate the innovative feature of the App.
To remove this limit you need to get the PRO version; all other functions are active and complete, then you can then use this App as a fast and advanced picture viewer.

Market Link: Full Screen Pic Lite

Direct download: Full Screen Pic Lite

cb56
I'm hungry...may be foolish
cb56 Android Development BLOG
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to cb56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cb56
Old
(Last edited by cb56; 7th August 2013 at 12:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Full Screen Pic 1.1
  • Added Option to set maximum brightness when viewing Pics
cb56
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cb56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SkyS1gn
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb56 View Post
Full Screen Pic 1.1
  • Added Option to set maximum brightness when viewing Pics
cb56
Use menu key to add shortcut... but what menu key?
The Following User Says Thank You to SkyS1gn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luismix
Old
Thanks Meter 6
thanks for the app, but only 7 picutes in the free mode is a very low number... In addition I would change the interface to something more friendly or more "Holo".

Thanks again

The Following User Says Thank You to luismix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cb56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyS1gn View Post
Use menu key to add shortcut... but what menu key?
Hi,
use Android menu key and then "Add Folder's Shortcuts"

cb56

CzarnyUrok
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Very good app. I didn't see any bugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to CzarnyUrok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cb56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by luismix View Post
thanks for the app, but only 7 picutes in the free mode is a very low number... In addition I would change the interface to something more friendly or more "Holo".

Thanks again

Thank you attention and I take the opportunity of your comment to express my thoughts on the state of the software market.

The sense of a free application is to give a chance to try the program and then buy it, on the other hand we are talking about a few euro.

Personally I think that the current standard price for various reasons has taken a wrong turn and that it is totally inadequate to support smaller developers; only those who manage to reach several thousands of buyers each year manages to survive with these figures.

As for the interface, I think the program is very easy to use .. and then its purpose is to look at Full Screen Pics ...

Thanks anyway

cb56

samizad
Old
(Last edited by samizad; 8th August 2013 at 01:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
The black bars are annoying when viewing pics. I tried the free app and only have two suggestions; improve the swiping interface so it is more sensitive to small swipes, and implement syncing with Picasa and Facebook like the "JustPictures!" app.
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) | Stock 4.4.4, Rooted, TWRP.
Previous Phones: Siemens S25 | Siemens S35 | Nokia 7110 | Nokia 7650 | HTC Himalaya | HTC Alpine | Samsung D500 | HTC Magician | Samsung I300 | HTC Artemis | HTC Kaiser | HTC Diamond | HTC Leo | Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)
The Following User Says Thank You to samizad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coach83
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up Good

Super !!! Thx
The Following User Says Thank You to coach83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cb56
Old
(Last edited by cb56; 9th August 2013 at 07:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 264
Full Screen Pic 1.2
  • Improved swipe
  • Improved performance
  • In the Lite version increased to 15 the number of Pics displayed in Full Screen Mode
  • Minor bug fix

First post updated with the Lite version

cb56

Tags
exif, image viewer, photo viewer, picture viewer, slide show