Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question on the Cause of my Broken Screen

Tip us?

fvig2001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Unhappy Question on the Cause of my Broken Screen

Hi.

So I've had my tablet/cellphone for the last 1.5 years (more or less) and I woke it from sleep after lunch and the colors seemed to be washed out. Like when you restart, the samsung logo is still white but so is the background. It looks really wrong color wise but everything else is OK. It's like when you set your PC screen setting to 16 colors, that's how it more or less looks. So I would like to ask what possibly could have caused it? I normally just leave the tablet in my backpack with my old school kindle and an old school Wacom Graphire Tablet. I don't think it's from water damage. The tablet has it's own silicone case. There doesn't seem to be any physical damage and restarting the phone didn't help. I'm a bit annoyed since I'm actually waiting for the Asus Transformer Book V.
Please look at my gallery below:
http://app.sketchclub.com/user/2926582

nic.stl
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvig2001 View Post
Hi.

So I've had my tablet/cellphone for the last 1.5 years (more or less) and I woke it from sleep after lunch and the colors seemed to be washed out. Like when you restart, the samsung logo is still white but so is the background. It looks really wrong color wise but everything else is OK. It's like when you set your PC screen setting to 16 colors, that's how it more or less looks. So I would like to ask what possibly could have caused it? I normally just leave the tablet in my backpack with my old school kindle and an old school Wacom Graphire Tablet. I don't think it's from water damage. The tablet has it's own silicone case. There doesn't seem to be any physical damage and restarting the phone didn't help. I'm a bit annoyed since I'm actually waiting for the Asus Transformer Book V.
Hi

I had the same problem on my first tab2.

Send it back to samsung because it still was under warranty and they changed the flat cable linked to the screen

Envoyé de mon GT-N8010 en utilisant Tapatalk

fvig2001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Thanks for the information but my phone/tablet fixed itself after 26 hours. So I'm thankful for that and I hope it lasts until I get a newer tablet/phone.
Please look at my gallery below:
http://app.sketchclub.com/user/2926582
The Following User Says Thank You to fvig2001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamesuk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks for the information but my phone/tablet fixed itself after 26 hours. So I'm thankful for that and I hope it lasts until I get a newer tablet/phone.
If it is the cable, carrying it around in a backpack will cause it to come and go again.

My Note10.1 2012 did it after i knocked it. I rebooted it, reset it and even tried looking inside to see if i could work out what it was (it was outside warranty). If i ever knock it, or jolt it it happens, although it's not happened for a while. To fix it, i whack it on the left side, which obviously forces whatever loose connection there is to re-sit into place.

It's a klunky solution, if you can call it a solution, but it's not a fix. It needs to be looked at if you are carrying it around all the time because you'll want to use it and it just won't be workable!

stevobailey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It's like when you set your PC screen setting to 16 colors, that's how it more or less looks. So I would like to ask what possibly could have caused it?
I had the same problem with mine after a cycling incident. At first I was worried as it was the second work-owned tablet which I'd destroyed in this way but I decided on a last-ditch effort to fix it by opening it up and looking for anything obvious. Amazingly, this approach actually worked as I found that the display cable had partially come out of the connector on the LCD. Slotted it back in and back to full colour. The take-apart process wasn't too tricky and you don't have to remove anything but the back cover and some tape to get to the connector, plus there's tutorials online. Might be worth a try?
Tags
10.1, broken, galaxy, note, screen