Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aviate - Tips and Tricks...

Tip us?

billykxda
Old
(Last edited by billykxda; 17th October 2013 at 11:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Default Aviate - Tips and Tricks...

I wanted to start a thread to share info about the new launcher Aviate. There's no shortage of threads on requesting invites, so let's not do that here.

If you have Aviate and are actively using it, come here and share.

Thanks!
-bk

**Please do not use this thread for requesting invites!**
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billykxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billykxda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
I've been using it for a day now and I find it curiously intriguing. It's a totally fresh user experience that feels a little like Google Now to me.

Frankly, I never thought ANY launcher could pull my attention away from my custom-crafted (ok, OCD-crafted) user experience I designed using Nova Launcher. I have the same design on all of my mobile devices and it feels like part of my DNA.

Can't say yet if Aviate will be a permanent replacement for my Nova-based home, but I seem to be staying with it.

iWon't
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just saw the video presentation. I'm looking foward to have a little more feedback about this app.

I liked the fact that it categarises apps and I disliked (as in google now) the fact that you must have your gps on in order to take full advantage of it. Makes a lot of sense and it's very useful but I don't like the idea of sharing my whereabouts all the time...

danyfra
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Been playing with it since yesterday as well on my HTC One.
Like it so far, like the idea of the activities changing during the day. Not sure how it's controled though. Today ie, I set it to Work, and when checking my phone later on, it was set on Home... don't know why.

Of course the custom side of it is quite limited, I assumed it will be better with later versions.
HTC One (M7)
Nexus 7 (2nd Gen)

billykxda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Haven't figured out yet how to get shortcuts to contact phone numbers implemented in Aviate.

Any ideas?

wuerzet
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Don't have "morning" and "night time" screens. Only "home" whole day. Any solution ?

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2336
To change between Fahrenheit and Celsius, long press on the weather notification and tap the toggle to change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

minkmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billykxda View Post
Haven't figured out yet how to get shortcuts to contact phone numbers implemented in Aviate.

Any ideas?
The only method I have found is to add a contact widget. Not perfect, but close.

I also haven't figured out how to save a bookmark icon to my favorites section on the home screen.

Another thing I would like to do is switch between the light and dark theme automatically based on time of day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

billykxda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkmeister View Post
The only method I have found is to add a contact widget. Not perfect, but close.

I also haven't figured out how to save a bookmark icon to my favorites section on the home screen.

Another thing I would like to do is switch between the light and dark theme automatically based on time of day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Thanks for the response. This is a deal-breaker for me, as I need easy access (direct-dial shortcuts) to my frequently-called contacts. I wrote to the Aviate team. I'll report back.

mcduffie2010
Old
Thanks Meter 2964
I think I like this launcher

Verstuurd van mijn Desire HD met Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382039492144.jpg
Views:	1205
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	2332220