FORUMS

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

TowelRoot Anyone tried it

378 posts
Thanks Meter: 57
 
By Geoffxx, Senior Member on 17th June 2014, 01:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
 
 
17th June 2014, 02:47 AM |#2  
Spectre51's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
Donate to Me
More
Didn't work on my C6903.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z1
17th June 2014, 03:15 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
is your phone unlocked or branded

conflicting reports that is works on unbranded Z1
17th June 2014, 03:45 AM |#4  
Mr. Khan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banda Aceh
Thanks Meter: 310
 
More
Not work on C6903 locked and unbranded..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 04:09 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
not working on mine c6903 locked and unbranded 757 fw
17th June 2014, 04:17 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Go to page one on the link, and it has the instructions.

Hey guys, it does work! With some tweaking. Its maybe like a 4 click method. I used the z1c method. Uninstall the APK from your phone and follow the directions on this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53459243

Take the APK file that is not installed and move it over to your pc. The file you extract will have a folder called files, put the TR.APK file there. Make sure towelroot is not installed on your phone before you do this.

Now all you have to do is run the install.bat file and follow directions. Do not press your keyboard till your phone screen is black and you seen the sony logo.

It does work, and I'm so happy!
Last edited by krenogin; 17th June 2014 at 05:05 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to krenogin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 04:32 AM |#7  
lelouch68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Doesn't work on z1s.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th June 2014, 09:14 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
it also works for me z1 Italian c6903
17th June 2014, 09:28 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
how to install supersu?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krenogin

Go to page one on the link, and it has the instructions.

Hey guys, it does work! With some tweaking. Its maybe like a 4 click method. I used the z1c method. Uninstall the APK from your phone and follow the directions on this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53459243

Take the APK file that is not installed and move it over to your pc. The file you extract will have a folder called files, put the TR.APK file there. Make sure towelroot is not installed on your phone before you do this.

Now all you have to do is run the install.bat file and follow directions. Do not press your keyboard till your phone screen is black and you seen the sony logo.

It does work, and I'm so happy!

thanks. i think i got the root. but how do i install the supersu? i downloaded the zip file. what's next?
17th June 2014, 09:41 AM |#10  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckchan08

thanks. i think i got the root. but how do i install the supersu? i downloaded the zip file. what's next?

Download supersu from play store, it do the same job.
17th June 2014, 09:45 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Download supersu from play store, it do the same job.

i did but when i try to update the binary, it says installation failed

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes