FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

I'm not a happy camper anymore

22nd May 2014, 04:58 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 158

More
I installed the 14.3.A.0.757 update. Now my Z1, which ran so smoothly and hassle free on 4.3 is giving me stutter/lag more often on the home screen, when opening apps, and in settings menus
I did a full factory reset and it just comes back again after a couple of days. Apps themselves also appear to behave more sluggish than they used to. Maybe it's just my perception but I also feel like they open a slight bit slower and are less responsive when open. I like having voice activated Google Now but the increase in lag is bothersome, and doesn't feel as smooth and responsive overall as it used to. I don't run a ROM and I don't even use a 3rd party launcher (there was no improvement with Nova on it, I tried that too)

22nd May 2014, 05:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I have the same thing even though i didn't experience the smoothness of 4.3.

I notice apps like phone(book), e-mail/gmail and facebook have alot of lag during scrolling. Just like chrome hangs when i scroll on big pages. This is much worse than on my old xperia S.
22nd May 2014, 09:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I see the same symptoms. The phone seems to run slower and slower until I reboot it or it reboots itself.

Was worse on 4.3 though.

-KJ
22nd May 2014, 11:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thumbs up ;))s5 and z1
z1 and s5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z1.jpg
Views:	1164
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	2758071   Click image for larger version

Name:	s5.jpg
Views:	1074
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	2758072  
23rd May 2014, 12:08 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Thanks but I wasn't speaking of the camera
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omnius1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 12:42 AM |#6  
Flag lux
Thanks Meter: 2,274

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N77NS

z1 and s5

Your photo with the Z1, is just a bad take (not the same exposure, not same position)... it does many better... and I don't think that the S5 is really better that the Z1, on the party of photos... of more, this are of Screenshots, no??? because if yes, you isn't correct... the rendering at level of the screen is not the same, it's a amoled with pixels dead for the black, the constraste is more efficient... compare the with the Z2... Samsung without Amoled, they're lost (screen and battery life( battery life is bad with, imagine without Amoled)... Samsung = ****... Sorry

Amoled = Samsung oled

Oled = Sony

Sony have abandoned this technology because the rendering of colors is bad... (false colors)

And it's not the subject...
Last edited by jfxperias; 23rd May 2014 at 12:55 AM.
23rd May 2014, 01:01 AM |#7  

More
Not just a screen shot, but two such images were taken with autofocus. Z1 and s5 with 16 megap.but certainly not I'll never take ... Sony is not the topic .... but proof enough that Sony makes fade left with much poorer quality

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

I love Sony but did not receive the quality for the money that I gave you ... and I was very disappointed .... Samsung has won over the picture quality .... I am personally convinced of it when I got now .. . going to be sold and can not take even half the money for which I bought it .... disappointing ..... Camera disaster ....
The Following User Says Thank You to N77NS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 01:02 AM |#8  
Flag lux

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Not just a screen shot, but two such images were taken with autofocus. Z1 and s5 with 16 megap.but certainly not I'll never take ... Sony is not the topic .... but proof enough that Sony makes fade left with much poorer quality

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

I love Sony but did not receive the quality for the money that I gave you ... and I was very disappointed .... Samsung has won over the picture quality .... I am personally convinced of it when I got now .. . going to be sold and can not take even half the money for which I bought it .... disappointing ..... Camera disaster ....

So, I was right ... And sorry I'm little stupid ... reread my post... you are a seller of Samsung ???
23rd May 2014, 01:17 AM |#9  

More
Thumbs down
I'm not the seller or Sony .... changing .... anyway ... is bad for everything .... the only thing that is waterproof. .. Nothing more .... Rating -2
23rd May 2014, 01:25 AM |#10  
Flag lux

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm not the seller or Sony .... changing .... anyway ... is bad for everything .... the only thing that is waterproof. .. Nothing more .... Rating -2

Auto superior with my rom, in 8Mp

The dogs are in action...

You are very bad for take a good 📷...

Samsung cheating in all directions, in benchmark, with false colors, with a oled technology, and illegal copy, and Sony provided Samsung for the captors, copy all makes...

Brief, you must go in Samsung section...
Last edited by jfxperias; 23rd May 2014 at 01:29 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jfxperias For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread