Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD card and/or video playback issues?

Tip us?

pgibbons
Old
(Last edited by pgibbons; 29th June 2014 at 07:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default SD card and/or video playback issues?

I've had the 8.4 since 6/27 and every day I've had it freeze on playback of videos. I am using MX Player Pro and Gplayer and both will be able to play a file fine one moment then after time the video will freeze and I am no longer able to play any file of the SD card even if I close the player app and restart it. The video files are 720p MKV files with no custom codec for MX Player Pro (hardware + decoding) and software decoding (for the audio) for Gplayer. The only way to get it working again is if I unmount the SD card and re-mount it. After re-mounting the SD card the files are able to play from either player normally.

I've done a factory reset on the tablet and reformatted the micro SD card but the problem keeps happening. I never had a problem with the same SD card and videos on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 so I do not think the mirco SD card is the issue.

Anyone else having issues with playing video of their micro SD cards? I am not sure if I should just return it or try and exchange it if there is a problem with the SD slot? I am guessing there might be some problem with software though since unmounting and remounting or rebooting seems to fix the issue

Might be when the tablet goes to sleep and I have MX Player Pro or Gplayer running. Like it shuts down acces to the SD card or something. I will try copying the same video file locally and try playing it when the SD card becomes unresponsive. Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue because I love the screen and the smaller size but it's kind of annoying to have it freeze up.

pgibbons
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Mod, please delete thread. I exchanged the tablet and the new one has no issues with the SD card.
The Following User Says Thank You to pgibbons For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]