FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Please help! Note 3 wont stay connected to comp via usb!!!

944 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
By thrgk, Senior Member on 26th June 2014, 03:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys, I have this really weird issue occurring. I have my note 3 connected to my computer via usb, but it does not stay connected. My computer keeps making a noise of new device connected, then disconnected. The phone connects, few secs later, disconnects. I have tried 3 different usb, 1 is the original,, different usb ports. It cant be the cable tho, cause it charges fine, and i wiggled it while charging. I let the drivers install when i first plugged the n3 in, so those should be good.

Any idea? could it be a ROM issue? Really need it to work, since I use tethering (
 
 
26th June 2014, 04:11 AM |#2  
K03WL3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk

Hi guys, I have this really weird issue occurring. I have my note 3 connected to my computer via usb, but it does not stay connected. My computer keeps making a noise of new device connected, then disconnected. The phone connects, few secs later, disconnects. I have tried 3 different usb, 1 is the original,, different usb ports. It cant be the cable tho, cause it charges fine, and i wiggled it while charging. I let the drivers install when i first plugged the n3 in, so those should be good.

Any idea? could it be a ROM issue? Really need it to work, since I use tethering (

What rom are you using? And have you tried reinstalling drivers from samsung? http://www.theandroidsoul.com/galaxy...llation-guide/ and have you tried just using the micro USB cable (not the USB 3.0)
26th June 2014, 04:25 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
biggins 4.5, yea i tried those drivers, didnt try usb2.0 yet.

Its literally sitting here connecting, then disconnecting on and on, i have no idea, not even moving it
26th June 2014, 04:32 AM |#4  
K03WL3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk

biggins 4.5, yea i tried those drivers, didnt try usb2.0 yet.

Its literally sitting here connecting, then disconnecting on and on, i have no idea, not even moving it

It could be the data pins in the cable/phone, the power pins would still let it charge even though there's still supposed to be energy going through the data pins when charging. And have you selected a different option when plugging it into the computer (from installer, media device, to camera) from the options that note 3 provides? (click the icon in the status bar when you plug it in)
26th June 2014, 04:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
yea i tried camera, its on installer by default i think and i tried mtp also, usb3.0 said it required airplane mod so i didnt try that. How could i check the pins>
26th June 2014, 04:37 AM |#6  
K03WL3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk

yea i tried camera, its on installer by default i think and i tried mtp also, usb3.0 said it required airplane mod so i didnt try that. How could i check the pins>

Well it you look at the port and they're not bent or snapped then it isn't the pins. What about USB 2.0?
26th June 2014, 04:50 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Will try 2.0 tomorrow, here is a pic of the pins, if you zoom in do they look ok?

http://i58.tinypic.com/r882o3.jpg
26th June 2014, 04:27 PM |#8  
RasAlGhul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago,IL
Thanks Meter: 432
 
More
What OS is your computer running? There are some USB issues with windows 8.1. I was having the same problem at times but there was a fix in optional updates that have seemed to clear things up for now. I think it's the download numbered...2914219. I'm not completely sure as I did a few weeks ago.
Last edited by RasAlGhul; 26th June 2014 at 04:34 PM.
26th June 2014, 06:39 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Just for the record, I have had trouble with certain cables in the past. Sometimes computer didn't like a long cable.
29th June 2014, 03:47 AM |#10  
K03WL3R's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Pins are absolutely fine, only reason I even mentioned those was because one time a little kid plugged my streak 7 cord in upside down and jacked the female port to crap. And as TheAfroSamurai mentioned it might be your computer, I had trouble with a long cable with my kin 2. Different cable fixed it for me.

Sent from my GalaxyAwesome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes