Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need ROOT Help Please!!!!

Tip us?

rizz1974
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Need ROOT Help Please!!!!

I just recieved OTA update from Verizon for the 4.4.2. Can this be rooted now that I had to go back to a stock Verizon S4 I545 vrufnc5. If so what are my options? Please give me instructions. Thanks

Model SCH-I545
Kernel Version 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5015 #1
Build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5
Android 4.4.2

Coycaine
Old
Thanks Meter 1061
I haven't seen any root solutions for NC5 yet.

rizz1974
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coycaine View Post
I haven't seen any root solutions for NC5 yet.

Thanks Coycaine..Is there a way I can go back to build VRUEMK2 and then Root it from there. That way I can download a custom ROM for the 4.4.2 KitKat?? Does this make any sense? Sorry, i'm slowly learning all this.

dgutierrez04
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you already updated to kitkat there is absolutely no way u can downgrade unless u updated it using surge update to kitkat. But right now u r stuck in kitkat. For me I am still on rooted mk2 waiting for a root for kitkat. U should of waited before updating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizz1974 View Post
Thanks Coycaine..Is there a way I can go back to build VRUEMK2 and then Root it from there. That way I can download a custom ROM for the 4.4.2 KitKat?? Does this make any sense? Sorry, i'm slowly learning all this.

Coycaine
Old
Thanks Meter 1061
You may want to search these threads. I don't remember reading about anyone trying to downgrade from NC5 back to MK2 yet, but I'm sure someone has at least tried. The leaked KK build (NC2) was able to be downgraded, but with some problems/issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658480

tech_head
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coycaine View Post
You may want to search these threads. I don't remember reading about anyone trying to downgrade from NC5 back to MK2 yet, but I'm sure someone has at least tried. The leaked KK build (NC2) was able to be downgraded, but with some problems/issues.
There are some that tried and are now bricked until there is an ODIN file for NC5.
If root is important, one should just be patient, sit back, wait.

rizz1974
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
There are some that tried and are now bricked until there is an ODIN file for NC5.
If root is important, one should just be patient, sit back, wait.
You know what, i'm just going to take your advise and wait. I agree with you, there isn't any guarantee with the messages i have been reading.
Thanks Coycaine
The Following User Says Thank You to rizz1974 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

318sugarhill
Old
Thanks Meter 127
I'm always amused by these "I took the update... Help I lost root" posts. It takes time and unless you're actively working on a root solution.... Leave the people alone and let them work. If root is important to you, then never update until a solution is found first or your stuck. No amount of begging will find a solution faster.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
HTC Incredible (AMOLED) rooted S-off
HTC Rezound unlocked & rooted
Unlocked MDK Rooted Galaxy S4

If it ain't broke....fiddle with it to try to make it better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 318sugarhill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mike.s
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
I'm always amused by these "I took the update... Help I lost root" posts.
Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this...

Doctor: Don't do that.

(It's not clear what they expect, but I feel that stupidity should be painful. It's Darwin in action.)
The Following User Says Thank You to mike.s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

calebcabob
Old
(Last edited by calebcabob; 29th April 2014 at 03:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 141
Angry 2+2=5

Sugarhill, don't ever become a motivational speaker...you'd make a great Biff III though for Back To The Future 4!

Rizz, sorry to say... I'm glad your situation is what it is, now I have a thread to check on to see if a solution has been developed!

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Signs of progress!!! Look!