Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone vibrating and not turning on

OP arvindsn

29th June 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 which is 3 months old. I was able to fully charge my phone last night as usual with no problems.

However, earlier today I was trying to transfer files from my phone to my laptop using the USB cable, and it came up with a message saying that the USB is not recognized and/or malfunctioning. This was weird because this is the same cable I've been using for months with no problems.

Later, my phone was running low on battery and I tried charging it, but I got the following message:

"The connected charger is incompatible with this phone. To prevent damage to your phone, charging has been stopped. To continue charging, use the original charger and cable that were provided with the phone."

Again, same charger that I've been using for months. My phone is now dead and if I try to turn it on the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo flashes once before the screen goes blank. Also, if I try to charge my phone either with USB or with a wall socket, my phone doesn't seem to be charging but instead vibrates once every three seconds. I have tried my friends' chargers and I have the same vibrating problem. Does anyone have any advice?
29th June 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,524

3,497 posts
More
Do you know anyone else with an s4? Make sure you can turn your phone on with their charged battery. Sounds like the USB port on your phone got something in it or got damaged somehow. Apparently the USB assembly is pretty easy to replace if it is damage, but no guarantees on that being the issue. As a temporary solution you can get an aftermarket battery and external charger. Anker is cheap and reliable
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread