Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G3 File Manager ~ Is there one & does it accept Storage Cards[Solved]

Tip us?

Beards
Old
(Last edited by Beards; 30th June 2014 at 11:00 AM.) Reason: Solved
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 879
Default [Q] LG G3 File Manager ~ Is there one & does it accept Storage Cards[Solved]

Guys,
Does the G3 come with a File Manager and more importantly if it does then does it support the MicroSD card and other Storage options (USB peripherals)?
As many will know Google removed in KitKat the option to copy and remove items from external storage unless they have write permissions.

Now Sony got round this problem by installing 'File Manager' on the Z2 and it has write permissions for accessing the MicroSD card.

It would be ludicrous if LG left out a File Manager with write permission for storage peripherals.
Your only option for access to the MicroSD card for writing, copying, deleting etc. then would be to root and not everyone wishes to do that.
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.

dondavis007
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards View Post
Guys,
Does the G3 come with a File Manager and more importantly if it does then does it support the MicroSD card and other Storage options (USB peripherals)?
As many will know Google removed in KitKat the option to copy and remove items from external storage unless they have write permissions.

Now Sony got round this problem by installing 'File Manager' on the Z2 and it has write permissions for accessing the MicroSD card.

It would be ludicrous if LG left out a File Manager with write permission for storage peripherals.
Your only option for access to the MicroSD card for writing, copying, deleting etc. then would be to root and not everyone wishes to do that.
The file manager in G3 work for SD cards.
Just give me a Nexus/Silver with a great camera/app...

Smart(er) phones:
iPhone 3, N1, Optimus 2X, Xperia Arc, iPhone 4, Xperia S, Motorola Razr, Galaxy Note, One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia V, Padfone 2 + "New", Note 2, iPhone 5, HTC One S, S4, Xperia ZR, LG G2, N5, Z1c, HTC M7 & M8, S5, G3, etc...

Pads:
iPad, Asus T1+T2+Prime, Galaxy Tab 8,9. iPad2, Nexus 7, Padfone 2, iPad4. PadFone 4, New PadFone

If I helped you hit "thanks"
The Following User Says Thank You to dondavis007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondavis007 View Post
The file manager in G3 work for SD cards.
Brilliant...... At least now I know I'll be able to send/receive data from either Internal/Cloud Services/USB TO THE MicroSD card.

I'm not asking but I bet the default File Manager is basic in operation, which would then beg to say why do manufacturers insist on using just the basic method for managing files!
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.