Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,479 Members 37,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android l & touchwiz

Tip us?

Slicktune
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Default Android l & touchwiz

How would that even work😟? Anyone ever put thought into that... Like how would it override the google's new animations/transitions😧? Do you think this is where Samsung/touchwiz throws in the towel with updates and just goes straight to Tizen😨? I mean that is what they did with their galaxy gear2 went straight to tizen...😲
What do you guys think?😕

Sparatan117
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktune View Post
How would that even work😟? Anyone ever put thought into that... Like how would it override the google's new animations/transitions😧? Do you think this is where Samsung/touchwiz throws in the towel with updates and just goes straight to Tizen😨? I mean that is what they did with their galaxy gear2 went straight to tizen...😲
What do you guys think?😕
I was wondering about this too. The theming for Google apps seem to be pretty much self contained now, and touchwiz for the most part wouldn't be needed... even the new dialer looked beautiful ... as much as I love the colors of the S5, I kinda like Android's theming better...

I hope we can get a clean port over that's fast and smooth... or maybe Samsung could release the system dump that had the drivers without Touchwiz ... I know I know but a man can dream

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,332

DONATE TO ME
What are you guys trying to get at? Samsung gets the android source code directly from Google. They can change anything and everything they wish. All the way down to lib files and .so binaries. TouchWiz is simply a launcher.

Slicktune
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
I wish it was just a launcher. Then settings/dialer/messaging /contacts wouldn't look like that... So unfortunately it's not just a launcher.... 😢

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,332

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I wish it was just a launcher. Then settings/dialer/messaging /contacts wouldn't look like that... So unfortunately it's not just a launcher.... 😢
Yes. TouchWiz is just a launcher. The stuff you are seeing in those apps is not TouchWiz related. It is the Samsung THEME you are seeing. And they as stated before, they can do whatever they want with it. So long as Android in general remains open source.

Slicktune
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Yeah but the skins are going to cover All animations and transitions... Touch wiz is a skin over android..

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
Yeah but the skins are going to cover All animations and transitions... Touch wiz is a skin over android..
Yeah. Just like when Samsung updated GB to ICS, there was hardly any difference. When you have a skin like TW on top of android, that's what you get. Even LG's UI. The multitasking UI doesn't look remotely similar to stock 4.4.

Joe0113
Old
(Last edited by Joe0113; 30th June 2014 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,658

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
What are you guys trying to get at? Samsung gets the android source code directly from Google. They can change anything and everything they wish. All the way down to lib files and .so binaries. TouchWiz is simply a launcher.
TouchWiz is just a launcher? lol, you can't be serious. TouchWiz is everywhere EVERYWHERE on Sammy phones, so to say it's "just a launcher" is just idiotic....
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe0113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slicktune
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
TouchWiz is just a launcher? lol, you can't be serious. TouchWiz is everywhere is EVERYWHERE on Sammy phones, so to say it's "just a launcher" is just idiotic....
The Following User Says Thank You to Slicktune For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joe0113
Old
Thanks Meter 1,658

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Umm... lol? Was that supposed to be funny? I was just pointing out facts tough guy!
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v2
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel with some tweaks
Theme: Velur (Nova icon pack)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!