Post Reply

ICS/JB Kernel Port Project

OP kingnfs

28th April 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 17
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
so like every day i check in atrix 4g thread
and finaly
they relese a public alpha kernel

i think its a start for us too
for 3.1 linux kernel

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016837
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kingnfs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2013, 04:59 AM   |  #2  
InsanePostman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Racine
Thanks Meter: 59
 
257 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Hope this spills over to us somehow.

Sent from my Slim Photon using xda app-developers app
30th April 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
196 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
The kernel included with 4.1.2 AOKP by th3bill has nearly the same features (except video recording, since we can't use atrix drivers).
30th April 2013, 11:16 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
I am watching that thread everyday as well. I hope th3bill is actually able and willing to do something about it once the kernel reaches a stable state.

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
15th May 2013, 04:41 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
196 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Kernel is almost completed (at least a lot more than ours is). Where do we go from here?
17th May 2013, 10:14 AM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnfs

so like every day i check in atrix 4g thread
and finaly
they relese a public alpha kernel

i think its a start for us too
for 3.1 linux kernel

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016837

Not so fast. The kernel is known as Alpha Release Candidate 1 (Alpha-RC1). It has only been released from the devs to a select few testers. An official public release has NOT happened.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
20th May 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

Not so fast. The kernel is known as Alpha Release Candidate 1 (Alpha-RC1). It has only been released from the devs to a select few testers. An official public release has NOT happened.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Offical alpha is here
20th May 2013, 07:48 PM   |  #8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchcaphr

Offical alpha is here

This is true. My previous post is now outdated.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
21st May 2013, 03:28 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

This is true. My previous post is now outdated.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

i know its outdated, just wanted to let you know; anyways maybe this kernel can help the photon..
11th July 2013, 12:50 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchcaphr

i know its outdated, just wanted to let you know; anyways maybe this kernel can help the photon..

The Photon and Atrix seem to be extremely similar hardware-wise... what changes would need to be made to the Atrix 3.1 kernel source to make this functional for Photon? From what I can tell, the camera, fingerprint scanner, and radio are the differences...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes