[ROM][5.0.0][The unnamed Android L SDK port][for MultiROM][06/07/14][v5]
Yes, I know this thread is in the wrong section. I tried to get this thread moved into development, only to be locked out of my own thread. So it's here for now.
This is an SDK port of Android L preview to the Nexus 7 2012 (Grouper).
First of all, this ROM is not up to the quality of other ports, as Bluetooth, NFC, many sounds, light sensor, and other features are not working.
- the boot animation
- Sound (partially)
- Screen rotation
- The Settings app
- The camera
- Installing apps
- Wi-Fi - thanks, gnustomp!
What doesn't work:
- Playing some sounds, such as the Ding noise played by Google Search after recognizing OK Google
- Google Text to Speech
- Everything else
The port is based on the system image of the 32-bit ARM Android L emulator, with proprietary binaries pulled from the stock 4.4.2 image.
The kernel used is the LegoKernel from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2664392
The kernel used in v3 and earlier is the stock 4.4.2 kernel from MultiROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=2
The .zip packaging (and the boot animation) is based on the MultiROM repack of the Nexus 5 image from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1213
The Superuser shipped with this ROM is made by Koush: http://koush.com/post/superuser
The non-PIE fix is based on the patch by cernekee
This ROM uses the Bluetooth and NFC apks from Cyanogenmod. Thanks!
To reiterate, this ROM is rather useless. Therefore, I have made this ROM for MultiROM (the ROM won't run without it, currently) so you can dual-boot into this and experiment. To setup MultiROM, follow the instruction on its thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2011403
Note that F2FS is not supported.
I have only tested this on my own device, so if you're getting bootloops, please send me a LogCat of the boot so I can diagnose the problem.
- Back up your device. This ROM is highly experimental and may screw up stuff.
- Install MultiROM first
- Put the downloaded .zip onto the /sdcard partition
- Boot into the MultiROM recovery
- Select "Advanced"
- Select "MultiROM"
- Select "Add ROM"
- For "Choose ROM type", select "Android"
- For "Share kernel with Internal ROM?", Choose "Don't share"
- Select "Next"
- Select "Zip file"
- Choose the downloaded .zip
- Slide to flash
- To flash Gapps: Return to home menu -> Advanced -> Multirom -> List ROMs
- Select the flashed ROM, and then choose Flash Zip; choose the Gapps package
- After reboot, choose the new ROM in MultiROM's startup menu
Download: Download latest version (v5)
Mirrors: (thanks to Frederic98 and alwaysadeel)
Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwU6...eHM/edit?pli=1
GApps for Android L: here
- based on the 4.4.3 Gapps from https://itvends.com/gapps/
with apps pulled from the Nexus 5 image. (I'll remove this download if anyone complains)
v5: (July 6th): download v5
- Added etc/permissions from stock ROM; Play Store and the Wi-Fi settings now work - thanks to everyone who suggested this
- Switched the build type to userdebug from eng in the build.prop: no more flashing red borders - again, thanks to everyone
- Added Bluetooth libraries and APKs from Cyanogenmod
v4: (July 1st): download v4
- Added gnustomp's Wi-Fi fix
- Switched to the Lego Kernel
v3 (June 30th): download v3
- Added Koush's Superuser to the ROM
- Added cernekee's non-PIE fix
so that Superuser would run
v2 (June 29th): download v2
- Fixed stupid mistake that caused app installation to fail
- Fixed another stupid mistake that prevented Wi-Fi from turning on
v1 (June 29th): download v1
- Initial release
Tools for building this ROM are available at https://github.com/zhuowei/unnamedL
- contributions welcome.