Correct Procedure to Update M7 to 5.11.401.10. Three Options??
My HTC ON M7 is currently on....
Android version: 4.4.2
HTC Sense: 5.5
Heres my phones info...
C:\Windows\system32>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.25.3263.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.11
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: SH3********
(bootloader) imei: 354************
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4104mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
finished. total time: 0.064s
I previously updated the old FW with 4.19.401.11 from here...
and after that was flashed update the ROM with, Revolution HD 53.0 KitKat (Android 4.4.2+ HTC Sense 5.5) (Not Stock) which was found here...
, I also updated twrp while i was at it.
Whats the correct way i should NOW update my phone to 5.11.401.10, i keep getting the notification from my phone to update to 5.11.401.10, is it just as easy as doing the update from my phone, or will this wipe all my data (messages, contacts photos etc)??
Or should i do one of these 2 methods??.....
1. Install the stock recovery for my os version (recovery_4.19.401.11.img) from here...http://d-h.st/users/guich/?fld_id=29380#files
2. Rename 'recovery_4.19.401.11.img' to 'recovery.img'
3. Place 'recovery.img' in my adb/fastboot folder (C:\Adb)
4. Open Command Prompt and navigate to your adb folder
5. Type 'adb reboot bootloader' to get into fastboot on the HTC ONE
6. And then flash the recovery img by typing 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'
Or should i...
1. Download the latest FW for the HTC One, 5.11.401.10.zip from here....http://xda7.androidrevolution.org/db...C_One%2F401%2F
2. rename to firmware.zip and place in C:\adb folder
3. Connect HTC ONE to PC
4. Relock the bootloader, by command 'fastboot oem lock' (DO I HAVE TO RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER?????, or Just skip to step 6 and then skip step 9??)
5. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
6. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
7. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
8. Type: fastboot reboot
9. Unlock your bootloader
10. Download Mike1986's Android Revolution HD Stock KitKat (Android 4.4.2 + HTC Sense 6.0) odexed 5.11.401.10 rom from here http://www.androidrevolution.org/dow....10_odexed.zip
Im not 100% sure which method i should be using for this update, as there in no new FW update is there this time just a ROM update?
Thanks for any help