FORUMS

Is the LG G4’s Camera Really DSLR-worthy?

After months of anticipation, the LG G4 was finally unveiled today, showing off an … more

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP][4.0+] Pixel Player - Beta 1.0 (Music Player)

29th June 2014, 01:33 PM |#1  
kcrims's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Hello everyone!
This is my first app, so don't judge strictly please
bug report and suggestions are really helpfull and welcome

Pixel Player

Pixel Player is an highly customizable and lightweight but powerfull (and in continous developing) music player for Android.

Features :
> Material UI - Android 5.0 inspired UI
> Folder Tab
> Customizable Colors
> Gapless Playback
> Hide Tabs
> Lockscreen controls
> Notification controls (Normal and Expand)
> Intelligent Queue Management (Drag & Sort)
> 3 different Widgets
> Headset button controls
> Equalizer (support DPS Equalizer and Bass Boost)
.. more to come !

To do :
> Translate in more languages : if you would like to help me, don't hesitate to contact me !
> Full Material Design
> New Features
> Bug fixing
> Suggestions ?

Download :

Check this post for latest version : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=297

FREE VERSION (Rate it please )
badge


PRO VERSION
badge






Changelog:

Quote:


Version 1.3.2.9 :
- New UI redesigned (Android 5.0 inspired), new Dark Theme (only for Pro version) and a lot of UI improvements
- Improved RAM consumption (Cache moved from memory to disk)
- Improved Widget and Notification control
- Added tutorial
-Preference to enable/disable Tint Status Bar (Android 4.4+)
- New Search feature
- Added feature to *automatically* download covers music (Settings -> Download Album Covers), disabled at default




Review:
Phone Arena Short Review
thanks in particular @CedArctic for his awesome review



Please consider this is a Beta and my first app, bugs could occurs
Suggestions and bugs report are very very welcome !
Enjoy !





Screenshot Attached:
more screenshots in play store link (screens are a bit outdated, in current application you can find more material design )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-08-48.jpg
Views:	1452
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	3084309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-10-49.jpg
Views:	1470
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	3084310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-26-22-08-05.jpg
Views:	1462
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	3084311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-01-18-08-42.jpg
Views:	1360
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	3084312  
Last edited by kcrims; 16th April 2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: new version upload
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to kcrims For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
29th June 2014, 02:10 PM |#2  
Yeti12's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 282
 
More
Positives: Really nice app for the first beta, I like the option to customise the Action Bar colour (and yes it's called action bar not title bar) and it's very fast and smooth, and it has a few nice features.

Negatives: At the moment is very unstable and crashes a lot as you leave the app, the app isn't translated to English properly (few phrases missing) and on an HDPI device colours for the action bar are cut off on the right side (I've attached a screenshot), maybe you can make it scrollable.

Keep up the good work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-29-14-05-09.png
Views:	3536
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	2823735  
Last edited by Yeti12; 29th June 2014 at 02:14 PM.
29th June 2014, 04:05 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Would be cool if you make your strings public so that the community can translate your app to other languages. Another thing is that I'm using Viper4Android equalizer and your app just creates a toast which says that I should restart my phone whenever I try to open equalizer settings.
29th June 2014, 04:38 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
NICE!
Great idea..
i like the UI

feature request
-swipe to change tracks.
-english translation
-ability too search all.. you wont need to go to the artist section to search for artist.. like that..

bugs
-there are some songs/artist/albums that is not appearing when searched.
-some tracks doesnt appear on the artist/abum
-it crashes too



overall good app
keep it up


sorry for my english not my first language
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lukers123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 07:58 PM |#5  
kcrims's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Thanks to all of you for trying my app, your feedback and report are really helpfull

At this stage it's clear it is too soon for a public release, but i would really appreciate if someone wants to help me testing the app so i can discover and fix bugs as soon as possible (when the app crash i receive logcat on my mail).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti12

Positives: Really nice app for the first beta, I like the option to customise the Action Bar colour (and yes it's called action bar not title bar) and it's very fast and smooth, and it has a few nice features.

Negatives: At the moment is very unstable and crashes a lot as you leave the app, the app isn't translated to English properly (few phrases missing) and on an HDPI device colours for the action bar are cut off on the right side (I've attached a screenshot), maybe you can make it scrollable.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your feedback, i really appreciate it I've tried to fix all the crashes and i've to work on the Color Picker windows (it's an external library) and on layout too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssaSsiNMiLeS

Would be cool if you make your strings public so that the community can translate your app to other languages. Another thing is that I'm using Viper4Android equalizer and your app just creates a toast which says that I should restart my phone whenever I try to open equalizer settings.

My bad, many words was in italian language, i've translated the whole app (i hope ) in english. if someone wants to help me with the translation would be great
I need to work to implement Viper4Android support (at the moment the app only try to start the default android equalizer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukers123

Great idea..
i like the UI

feature request
-swipe to change tracks.
-english translation
-ability too search all.. you wont need to go to the artist section to search for artist.. like that..

bugs
-there are some songs/artist/albums that is not appearing when searched.
-some tracks doesnt appear on the artist/abum
-it crashes too



overall good app
keep it up


sorry for my english not my first language

Thanks for your feedback too, i'll try to implement your request as soon as i fix this annoying bugs


This is the new version : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rPro_1.0.5.apk
The Following User Says Thank You to kcrims For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 07:20 PM |#6  
kcrims's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
new version 1.0.6 update, a lot of bug fixing
I'm still searching for beta testers

Pixel Player 1.0.6 BETA
2nd July 2014, 07:18 AM |#7  
sugarkane87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Overall is good app, especialy the UI

Sugestion:

1. add view options for artist and album ( list or grid )
2. can download missing artwork
3 fetching lyrics

Bug:

I think the color picker not yet fixed on HDPI device
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-02-13-12-01.png
Views:	805
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	2828298  
2nd July 2014, 07:41 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Good App liking it! when press on Equalizer Pixel gets stop
2nd July 2014, 08:26 PM |#9  
kcrims's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Version : 1.0.7, more bug fixing !!
(still looking for testers, apps still unstable, hope to hunt down all the issues)
DOWNLOAD : Pixel Player 1.0.7


Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarkane87

Overall is good app, especialy the UI

Sugestion:

1. add view options for artist and album ( list or grid )
2. can download missing artwork
3 fetching lyrics

Bug:

I think the color picker not yet fixed on HDPI device

Thanks for your feedback man
I'll implement in order 2-3-1 after i'll fix all the bugs. The color picker windows is an external library developed by another dev, btw i'll try to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal91

Good App liking it! when press on Equalizer Pixel gets stop

Thanks for feedback!!
I'm noticing that the equalizer behaves in a strange way, this is caused by a lot of different equalizer (stock, viper4android, CyanogenMod, xposed framework, ...), implemented in custom ROMs, I'm trying to solve this problem (some bugs were fixed in 1.0. 7, try it)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcrims For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 02:00 AM |#10  
redenjaja's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Batangas
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
hope we can browse songs by folder.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes