[MOD] Volume Boost for Headphones, Earpiece, Bluetooth, and Speaker. JB/KK/G3 Roms

Search This thread

willi_3609

Jan 19, 2014
so, my dumbass flashed this on my stock lollipop rom. D800. Anyway to get my stock audio settings back? I don't have a backup and my phone audio is mute. lol

Alright, I tried replacing the mixer_paths.xml with the stock one from Lollipop, I set permissions. AND NOTHING. lol any clues anyone?

Okay, so i'm thinking the mixer_paths.xml I got wasn't the right one. If anyone is using stock 5.0.2+D800 that would want to upload their Mixer_paths.xml.

I could try to overwrite mine. Thanks.
obviously I'm late, but I would try to refresh your rom, backup your data, and refresh system, you probably already figure something out. Sorry

tenssa

Jun 13, 2011
thanks very much for this script, it's really great for me because i have probmlem with hearing, but headphone volume is too loud even for me after flashing Headphone6520.zip

is it enough to just edit hphl and hphr volume (in mixer_paths.xml file) to 17 or 18 instead of 20 to decrease headphone volume?

willi_3609

Jan 19, 2014
thanks very much for this script, it's really great for me because i have probmlem with hearing, but headphone volume is too loud even for me after flashing Headphone6520.zip

is it enough to just edit hphl and hphr volume (in mixer_paths.xml file) to 17 or 18 instead of 20 to decrease headphone volume?

Yes, you may just edit the file and lower the digital to 60 and the hphl and hphr values to 17 or 18. make sure the file is saved as 0644 or r-w-r-r in the permissions area if you use root browser and its built in text-editor. reboot after.
i would make a backup of your system before doing this though, as it may cause bootloops if you mess up the formatting or the permissions were set incorrectly

Reactions: tenssa

tenssa

Jun 13, 2011
thank you very much, i did it and work like charm, change values in file then set permissions to rw-r-r, reboot and voila...of course first i did backup...

also...volume level stay same even after factory reset

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AS OF NOW, THIS IS UNSUPPORTED, IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OVER DEVELOPMENT FEEL FREE TO, MAKE SURE CREDIT IS GIVEN TO ME AND IXNYNE. EDITING THE FILES WITH A TEXT EDITOR WORKS BEST. HAVE FUN!!! EMAIL ME @ WILLIAM.ROTSAERT@GMAIL.COM
    Hey everybody, I just made some Headphone volume boost scripts, all are tested and work, though some may damage your hardware.(Continue reading)
    These are flashable zip files that will work on any recovery.
    They range in digital volume from 62-68 for now. And range from 19-20 in digital volume. (63/19 only)
    They are safe to flash for the most part, but values above 65 for digital volume MAY damage hardware.

How to install:
    Download and flash in CWM, TWRP, or Philz

Downloads: Below
    -Slight boost, choose 62/20, 63/19, 63/20, or 64/20
    -Medium boost, choose 65/20- Some devices may clip at high volume.
    -High boost, choose 66/20- Some devices may clip at high volume.
    -Experimental Extreme boost, choose 67/20 or 68/20- use with caution! May damage hardware.
    I would recommend 63/19 for iPhone like sound. Or 64/20 for loud sound, without distortion.
    Aosp earpiece boost and stock earpiece was removed, they didn't work correctly, use new earpiece and Bluetooth boost!
    Remember:
    I am not responsible if your phone explodes, creates a nuclear weapon, makes your ears bleed, or if it stops working.
    If you say I broke your phone, I will laugh at you. Please advise! :p

Bugs: None reported... Yet.

Please tell me if anything is wrong!

Thanks,
    willi_3609
    P.S. this is working best on KK Roms. And new Earpiece and Bluetooth boost are out!!!
    Thanks to iXNyNe for the base files!
    i will give you a hint.

<path name="speaker-and-headphones-in-call">
    <ctl name="COMP1 Switch" value="0" />
    <ctl name="HPHL Volume" value="11" />
    <ctl name="HPHR Volume" value="11" />
    <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="52" />
    <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="52" />
    <ctl name="RX7 MIX1 INP1" value="RX1" />
    <ctl name="RX7 MIX1 INP2" value="RX2" />
    <ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="60" />
    <ctl name="SPK DRV Volume" value="8" />
    <ctl name="SPK DAC Switch" value="1" />
    <ctl name="RX7 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_150Hz" />
    </path>

RX1 Digital Volume is the handset speaker.
    I added a link to your thread in my op

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I made a louder boost for job and kk g2 Roms.

i will give you a hint.

<path name="speaker-and-headphones-in-call">
    <ctl name="COMP1 Switch" value="0" />
    <ctl name="HPHL Volume" value="11" />
    <ctl name="HPHR Volume" value="11" />
    <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="52" />
    <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="52" />
    <ctl name="RX7 MIX1 INP1" value="RX1" />
    <ctl name="RX7 MIX1 INP2" value="RX2" />
    <ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="60" />
    <ctl name="SPK DRV Volume" value="8" />
    <ctl name="SPK DAC Switch" value="1" />
    <ctl name="RX7 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_150Hz" />
    </path>

RX1 Digital Volume is the handset speaker.

Thanks!
    Got it.
    Just made a new boost and I will post it up soon!
    Yes. soon

Can you do the same for handset speaker? Thanks

I will add them soon, I am testing different values.