Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Latest OS build for GTP 8.4 (SM-T320)?

Tip us?

stuartv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Question Latest OS build for GTP 8.4 (SM-T320)?

I got my GTP 8.4 on Friday. There was immediately an OTA available. It came with build NAI on it. I took the OTA and now it says ND3.

Is ND3 really the latest? I thought I saw some references to a build NE5. Is NE5 for the 10.1 or 12.2 or something? Or did I just not get the latest latest?

rholm
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartv View Post
I got my GTP 8.4 on Friday. There was immediately an OTA available. It came with build NAI on it. I took the OTA and now it says ND3.

Is ND3 really the latest? I thought I saw some references to a build NE5. Is NE5 for the 10.1 or 12.2 or something? Or did I just not get the latest latest?
I have ND3 too. When I check for updates, it says I'm up to date. I have seen people reference a stability update. Not sure if that's ND3 or not.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

stuartv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholm View Post
I have ND3 too. When I check for updates, it says I'm up to date. I have seen people reference a stability update. Not sure if that's ND3 or not.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Yeah, mine says I'm up to date, too. But, I know that these OTAs seem to usually roll out in waves, so it's possible that others could have a newer build while ours still says "up to date". That's why I'm asking. In case others have gotten a newer build already.

But, I'm glad to know you're on ND3, too, so I know TowelRoot will work with that. And you said it worked without flashing an updated kernel, right? You just downloaded and ran the TowelRoot app and that's it.

rholm
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Yeah, mine says I'm up to date, too. But, I know that these OTAs seem to usually roll out in waves, so it's possible that others could have a newer build while ours still says "up to date". That's why I'm asking. In case others have gotten a newer build already.

But, I'm glad to know you're on ND3, too, so I know TowelRoot will work with that. And you said it worked without flashing an updated kernel, right? You just downloaded and ran the TowelRoot app and that's it.
Correct. No kernel needed. I ran towel root and then installed SuperSu.

The first time I disabled knox with SuperSu. I had a few random reboots. And, when I checked for updates, it complained that the OS wasn't stock and said no updates were allowed. So, I unrooted and wiped. After running towel root, I installed SuperSu and left Knox running. No problems this time.

I like this tablet, fast and a great screen. I will install CM at some point. I just don't want to do it in the first week.

Cheers,
Rich
The Following User Says Thank You to rholm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stuartv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholm View Post
Correct. No kernel needed. I ran towel root and then installed SuperSu.

The first time I disabled knox with SuperSu. I had a few random reboots. And, when I checked for updates, it complained that the OS wasn't stock and said no updates were allowed. So, I unrooted and wiped. After running towel root, I installed SuperSu and left Knox running. No problems this time.

I like this tablet, fast and a great screen. I will install CM at some point. I just don't want to do it in the first week.

Cheers,
Rich
Gotcha. I'm pretty much in the same boat. I don't want to mess with my warranty in the first week.

I can see how disabling Knox might prevent it from installing updates. But, do you think disabling Knox was causing the random reboots? Or was it something about your process when you rooted the first time?

rholm
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Gotcha. I'm pretty much in the same boat. I don't want to mess with my warranty in the first week.

I can see how disabling Knox might prevent it from installing updates. But, do you think disabling Knox was causing the random reboots? Or was it something about your process when you rooted the first time?
I don't believe that the disabling of Knox was causing the reboots. When I restored my apps with TB, I got rid of a few. That list included Greenify, GSam Battery Monitor, and a few other system type apps. I haven't installed xposed yet (all in good time). I want to establish a stable platform first.

Cheers,
Rich
The Following User Says Thank You to rholm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]